Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for ATO to do MEP (LAND)

Looking for suggestions and good/bad experience on an ATO to do a MEL in EASA country.
Price quotes are welcome.

Thank you
the Co

Germany

What is an MEL?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

2“ net search, and better written than my own :
Definitions. A minimum equipment list (MEL) is a list which provides for the operation of aircraft, subject to specified conditions, with particular equipment inoperative (which is) prepared by an operator in conformity with, or more restrictive than, the MMEL established for the aircraft type.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Probably a conflation of American AMEL and European MEP(land).
My suggestion is to find an ATO doing it on a Tecnam P2006T, it seems noticeably cheaper to operate than other popular training twins such as Seneca.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Thank you Ultranomad. You are indeed right.
What an error at this time of the day. It was meant to say MEP Land.
Interesting that you – located in Czech – suggest a Tecnam instead of a L200.

Germany

Thread title fixed. Of course I know MEL = minimum equipment list but you don’t do that at an FTO

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A good colleague now based in Zagreb probably can help, I think he uses a Seneca for training.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Oldest_Co wrote:

Interesting that you – located in Czech – suggest a Tecnam instead of a L200.

Yes, a few schools here do offer a low hourly price for L200, but it may take you longer to learn than on a Tecnam. L200 has a lot more controls to manage than your average training MEP:

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

It is only 6 hours on ME acft if you have PPL(A). I suggest to do it locally where you live as travel costs will be more than money saved elsewhere.

Price reference near Prague:
€3260 + 21% VAT
Piper PA-34-200T
Aviaticky klub
or
€2650 + 21% VAT
Tecnam P2006T
FlyForFun

Last Edited by Destinatus at 01 Jul 11:04
Prague
Czech Republic

Just looking at that L200 panel. I can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t learn on that. It’s looks cool.

You can fly all the DA42’s and P2006T later

15 Posts
Sign in to add your message