Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss Flying Club recommendations

I have a Swiss licence and planning to get my SEP added to it (and possibly my SP/IR as well if I can get enough credits from my UK licence) whilst enjoying some great scenery! The most local field to where I would be staying is Lommis, but St Gallen and Zurich within easy reach. Would anyone have any personal recommendations for a friendly facility that can cater for this?

EGKR, United Kingdom

Speck-Fehraltorf LSZK is good and has much more activity than Lommis. PM me if you would like contacts.
LSZK Speck-Fehraltorf

Last Edited by chflyer at 13 Oct 13:05
LSZK, Switzerland

Sail201 wrote:

Lommis, but St Gallen and Zurich

There are basically only, but for Zurich, one flight school/rental place on Lommis and Altenrhein St. Gallen. Speck is an ok place as well, for sure.
But the choice will all depend on what you really want, and when.
- Lommis, nice little airfield, little flying school, but the weather can be dodgy starting from now on, prone to fog
- Altenrhein, IFR airfield with severe operating hours restrictions. Expensive
- Zurich, slot ridden for VFR/IFR, expensive, more than one school to choose from
- Speck, better weather in the Winter, operating hours restrictions as well, watch for those burial times…

Most flight schools are searchable, good luck!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Thank you very much for the info, that’s really useful.

EGKR, United Kingdom

Lommis is a very sympathetic place, with overall extremely friendly people! The grass runway is a bit bumpy, but otherwise, very well maintained with robotic lawnmowers. Can’t judge on Speck, but having a homebase close to your home is worth a lot.

One downside: Lommis has very limited operations on sundays, allowing only traffic from 11 – 12 in the morning and from 13:30 – 19:00 LT in the afternoon. Speck is however open at Sundays from 08:00 LT.

Switzerland
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message