Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss pilot fined for forgetting to enter 17 flights in aircraft logbook

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

My CAMO has me submit a report after every flight including tach start and stop, fuel amount, oil level, block time, flight time, departure and destination aerodrome and number of landings.

That’s total madness! Where is the regulatory basis for that? How much of the CAMO charge you pay is spent managing all that information?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

If I wrote that I would be lynched

For everyone else it is ok.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

If I wrote that I would be lynched

For everyone else it is ok.

Well, I don’t think for a minute that this is EASA’s fault. Either the CAMO goes over the top or the NAA clings to old practises without any basis in legislation.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

A part of the issue is that you want to log airborne time for maintenance purposes. And virtually nobody has an instrument which logs that. Obviously it could be done…

With the increasing popularity of things like the Garmin G5 (and I bet the big glass systems do it), this will change.

I turned logging on with my G5 and it logs absolutely everything to the SD card. When I get a bit of time I might write a parser for it and make it available online (it writes a simple CSV file to the SD card, which includes amongst other things, GPS derived time, GPS position, air data (airspeed, pressure altitude, altitude above sea level), QNH setting, rate of climb, angle of bank, angle of pitch, GPS track, GPS groundspeed, number of GPS sats being received etc). From that you can work out quite easily what’s airborne time, at least for fixed wing aircraft.

Andreas IOM

Rwy20 wrote:

Maybe they cast out their net because of this

Sonnig SA is a commercial operation with AOC and multiple jets. Any forum discussion should separate NCO and NCC into different threads as the applicable regulations are different.

I can’t tell if this thread’s subject prosecution is for NCO or NCC, although the impression is left that it concerns a private operator with his own plane. If so, the Sonnig details are not relevant… completely different situation.

LSZK, Switzerland

I don’t think the FOCA went on their fishing expedition to dole out 850 CHF fines to private pilots, do you? So he may have just become caught in the net that was cast out to catch other, bigger fish. But what do I know; you seem to know more, so please do tell us.

36 Posts
Sign in to add your message