Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Switzerland to Lisbon, Looking for Fuel Stop w/Customs and Lisbon Airport Recommendation

Hi

You also have LPSR (Santarem). Takes you 45 min train trip to arrive to Lisbon.

LPSR, Portugal

For Lisboa,Cascais is the best airfields.I could have a place in an hangar.There is a friendly handling,hotels not far and train to go to Lisboa. The arrival corridor is gorgeous.
Don’t forget your camera,it is so beautiful and depending the runway in use,you may say hello to people on their terrasses on final.
Unforgetable experience.
I stopped in Valladolid and overnight there.Empty airport,with a lot of cabs at the airport,but no flights arriving .City not far,but petrol expensive like everywhere in Spain.
If you want petrol in France,take Mimizan in consideration.No or low landing fees and petrol.Look firdt their VAC for petrol availability LFCZ
Have a nice trip

LFDU, Belgium

The stop at Tarbes worked like a charm. Landing fee around 22 eur and fuel for 2.3 eur per liter. Little bit of a ghost air field, lots of airliners parked there for some reason.

I had up to 69kts headwinds. Also, cascais had ovc below 500ft and the IFR approach minimum is above 500ft.
This and the fact that I was running low on fuel due to strong headwinds led me to divert to evora. Took the train to Lisbon, worked quite well actually.

Apparently, LPSO Ponte de sor is a good diversion airfield as well, they even have an ils.

Switzerland
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message