Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB10 Autopilot options

Hmmmm, not too outrageous then. We have a G5, so hopefully it could talk to that.

Edit: no STC for the TB10 :-(

Last Edited by Graham at 01 Apr 15:23
EGLM & EGTN

You need 3 servos (incl. elevator trim) otherwise you get a rather crippled installation, with various “funnies” if you use the AP other than in plain straight level cruise.

The GFC500 AP is in the G5. The GFC500 is just a control panel

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The GFC500 AP is in the G5. The GFC500 is just a control panel

GFC500 is Garmin’s name for the AP system. The control panel is called GMC507.

The GFC500 can also use a G3X integrated display as AP computer. In that case the GMC507 is optional.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Graham wrote:

What might it cost to put a GFC500 into the TB10, ballpark?

8-10k without pitch trim. 13-15k with pitch trim.

always learning
LO__, Austria

The STEC System 20/30 can be installed if you have a 28V system, otherwise all the STEC autopilots except the 3100 can be installed. Also the Century 2000 is an option, though it’s really pricey for what it is. At present it seems STEC provides the most viable options.

EHRD, Netherlands

Also Trio is working on an STC for their Pro Pilot system. See info here. Currently shows as flight testing complete.

EHRD, Netherlands

Hello TB10 users. I am evualuating a TB10 at the moment, that has no AP, but I also found a “almost complete” KAP150 (misses the yoke switches), and would like to know which I have to check in order to mount it in a possible futur.
Apparently I need to check if there is an STC on TB10 for this one (Checked socata.org, apparently not), or ensure KAP150 was possibly mounted by the factory.
Any help is appreciated.

LFMD, France

I’ve seen KAP150’s installed in several Socata airplanes, mostly TB20’s. I would be very surprised if it could not be installed into the TB10, but I guess it will be a major exercise.

i.e. this one has a KAP100.
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=55203

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Many TB10 would ne equipped with KAP100 (I have one). Not entirely sure if KAP 150 couldn’t be fitted into TB10. I could find a couple of discussions with KAP150 and TB10 on socata.org.
Socata users forum TB10/KAP150

You could ask there about the possibility.

EDMB, Germany

fortunately, the seller seems to have very good relations with socata, and is going to ask the people he knows from there. I will update on this.
Actually the KAP 150 in question has 3 servos (ptich, rol and pitch trim), and was removed from a TB20:

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message