Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20 elec fuel pump issue

Hi,

I have a aTB20 12V S/N578. Yesterday, the elec fuel pump SB popped after touchdown, and the pump stopped working. Before going to any shop, my troubleshooting shows, that the pump failed. SB pops shortly after pushing in, no motor rotation, and it looks, that draws current from the electric system. Shortly then, 1-3 sec pops again.
It looks Dukes pump needed, and alternative? Weldon? 8120G?
Any supporting ideas?
thx
Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

If you want it done 100% legally then:

From the MM, for your S/N

but that just gets you the Socata P/N. I buy Socata parts via Troyes Aviation. They don’t stock anything and IME won’t assist in finding the correct P/N (they have actually told me that) which they get from Socata. But Socata sell parts only via these dealers so (except in Australia and IIRC NZ) you have no option.

For other options, you need to photograph the pump and its label (it lives under the forward belly panel) to get the exact P/N. The OEM P/N may be hidden under a Socata label – see the other on landing gear pump here. I have just looked in my TB Parts summary and the fuel pump is not there, so you would be looking at a replacement or overhaul the usual way. The models of pumps have varied over the years according to the airframe S/N.

The “off the books / no paperwork answer” would be this company which I have used for repairing all kinds of electric motors

That’s assuming the motor itself is gone, which usually is the case. Usually the brushes are worn, but often the commutator is shagged also.

Socata are running out of some parts, apparently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

HI Peter,

Yes, I was digging into the IPC, and found that mine can be Weldon, can be Dukes. We opened up with my mechanic, (staying legal as much as possible) and found lot of corrosion, inside. Electric part was ok, brushes ok. We cleaned, lubricated, and now runs as new….but an possible placing order on new Weldon pump. Mine is from 1989. Thanks for your support and promt reply.
Btw I have ordered parts from Sonata via Troyes. Fast and reliable.
Hopefully see each other at Hertelend or at Brac.
Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

This company has been reported as a source for Weldon pumps and overhauls: http://fuelpumpsupply.com/

Administrator

Hi!
I need to repair my Weldon B8120H fuelpump, i found the next company:
Aeromotors, LLC.
304 E. Murray Street,
Browntown, WI 53522
www.aeromotorsllc.com
They make this work 400USD flat rate.
Z.

Greece

Many thanks @zozi. Could you please report on whether they are any good?

I keep some data on TB parts and stuff here.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message