Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The bump in aircraft prices seems long gone

An IFR equipped Piper Lance for 99k€. It was twice more 2 years ago !

planecheck_OH_PRT_54195_pdf

We can see again sub 40k ads after many years of absence.

LFOU, France

This one may be a bit special, C172 are still very high…

LFMD, France

@greg-mp I know a 172sp with an in calendar time engine which just sold for under 90k GBP. I guess there’s still a fair disparity between asking and selling prices.

United Kingdom

Bid offer spreads in Europe have always been very wide. My impression is that in the USA aircraft presented to market seem to have enjoyed better care with a regular program of components/avionics up grades. It may reflect the better availability of hangarage, and therefore aircraft age better over there.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

The really good examples get sold without really going to the market at large, which I guess is true not only for aeroplanes.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

There has generally been a 20-30% spread between advertised prices and what the plane actually sold for. Currently that spread will be wider than usual.

Every bubble has to burst eventually. I see this in electronics now. It’s taken 3 years…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Last yearIO390 wrote:

I know a 172sp with an in calendar time engine which just sold for under 90k GBP. I guess there’s still a fair disparity between asking and selling prices.

Less than a year ago, we sold a 16 year old G1000 (non-SBAS) 172S for the asking price of €200k. In retrospect, maybe we should have asked for more.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There is a saying in investment: “never try to catch a falling knife”. It’s easy to get into that situation.

We will soon be back to shagged 1984 TB20s going for 40k, like they used to pre-bubble. I would not like to buy anything new right now; the depreciation will be horrible.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was saying to my wife then that it could be worth selling the beast to take away the money. Could’ve been a lot. But my wife told me to keep it.

Made me quite happy. Both sides of it.

Germany

The best thing in the world is to buy and own a plane that is worth more to you than it is to the open market. So far, that has always been the case for me and further moves in that direction are just fine as I have no need or interest in selling.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 06 Sep 16:59
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message