Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The cheapest airport for practice circuits or approaches

From here

If you want to do some cheap circuits, or IFR approaches, come to LFOP (Rouen). One series of t&g is the price of a landing (10 €)

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

f you want to do some cheap circuits, or IFR approaches, come to LFOP (Rouen). One series of t&g is the price of a landing (10 €)

And quickest immigration turnaround!

Completely free at Jersey, if you uplift fuel.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Calais ?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Chambley LFJY – no fee for T&G.
Total fuel 24h w/ card.

Quickest turn around for immigration ? You sure ?
mmmh it would be difficult to beat Dinard (LFRD), where I landed, walked to the building, showed passports, on the way back payed 7 € (yes, correct, seven euros for 1400kg MTOW) landing fee in the shed next to the parking and departed – total time under 30min – depending on walking speed, of course.
Could have taken avgas @ 1.85€/L.

EDM_, Germany

Noe wrote:

And quickest immigration turnaround!

+1 !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

ch.ess wrote:

mmmh it would be difficult to beat Dinard (LFRD), where I landed, walked to the building, showed passports, on the way back payed 7 € (yes, correct, seven euros for 1400kg MTOW) landing fee in the shed next to the parking and departed – total time under 30min – depending on walking speed, of course.

Something along the lines of “vacate next right, taxi holding point X, cleared for takeoff” is quicker. I’ve been told airport was empty “if you know what i mean” but still landed.

Actually Le Havre LFOH called me once a couple hours before the flight to tell me that they weren’t coming so I could proceed direct to destination, which I guess is quicker.

Noe wrote:

Something along the lines of “vacate next right, taxi holding point X, cleared for takeoff” is quicker. I’ve been told airport was empty “if you know what i mean” but still landed.

Actually Le Havre LFOH called me once a couple hours before the flight to tell me that they weren’t coming so I could proceed direct to destination, which I guess is quicker.

wow – I have had quite some positive experience of French folks having strict rules, but living pragmatically with it.
This is great, though. Have taken note and concur

EDM_, Germany
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message