Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

...to the scene of the crash (The second engine in a twin takes you to...)

Wow!!! That is the craziest thing I’ve seen in a long time! Haha! Fantastic idea! Fantastic execution and a fabulous twin engine acrobatics plane! Love it! Well done guys!

Of course done in FAA and not EASA land…

LSGL (currently) KMMU ESMS ESSB

Grassfield wrote:

Of course done in FAA and not EASA land…

I don’t see why you couldn’t do that in EASA-land. I’m sure the aircraft is experimental and not certified in the normal category by FAA!

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 24 Jan 08:40
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The developers of the Farnborough Aircraft / Kestrel turboprop project (the one which had the Epic spin-off after a big bust-up) reported that they could not get permissions for the various prototype development / test flights in Europe, so they went to the USA. I have no detailed information though and the real reason may have been different. One of the people was on here a long time ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Doesn’t surprise me. It’s just a different mentality regarding aviation in the US compared to Europe. Sorry for the generalization… Anyways, great project of the Yak 110, and impressed they could get it done relatively quickly!

LSGL (currently) KMMU ESMS ESSB

You guys do realize that the Yak 110 is an RC model, right?

Negative, it actually flies, not sure if it has been to an air show…or a very well put together hoax. There is a longer video of the full build.

Enstone (EGTN), Oxford (EGTK)

Confusingly the video has both an RC model and an actual plane, no?

EGTF, LFTF

Affirm :)

Enstone (EGTN), Oxford (EGTK)

Very recent Piper Navajo crash short of the runway.

left engine failed after take off, turned left downwind and stall spun in on short final..

Existing thread here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message