Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Toussus Le Noble LFPN

Thanks Aviathor! Coming from Germany i don’t need customs :-))

At the moment I am planning for Nancy … if I can find a hotel that is

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 07 Apr 07:36

Few more remarks :

Usually airports don’t share SID, but SID merge to the same exit waypoint. I don’t know the Pontoise case precisely.

A Toussus, you will be given an SID. The airspace arround you is busy, so fly it carefully. You might get shortcut and / or vectors at some point, but that’s 100% unpredictable.

Regarding SID, be carefull with your requested flight level. We really expect you to make you to make your requested flight level initially.
For example, if you file a SID like DIKOL, you need to file a flight plan with a requested flight level > 115. And we really expect you to make at least FL120. The FL70-110 is being occupied by traffic inbound to LFPG / PB (which often is a continuous flow).
So, my advice may seems obvious, but file a FPL that you can actually fly.

Regarding MTD, it is indeed an SID for the Paris airport group. See LFPB Jeppessen charts 30-3B. It’s a non-RNAV SID for traffic with requested flight level below FL115. Actually, you need to declare yourself non-RNAV in order to be able to file a FPL with MTD departure (otherwise IFPS rejects it).

Usually airports don’t share SID, but SID merge to the same exit waypoint.

There is a note at the bottom of the LFPT airport Info chart to the effect that you will receive RV to join a LFPB SID.

So, my advice may seems obvious, but file a FPL that you can actually fly.

That is excellent advice for any flight plan :-)

Regarding MTD, it is indeed an SID for the Paris airport group. See LFPB Jeppessen charts 30-3B.

I do not have the paper charts. Only JeppFD. And could not find any entry that contains MTD in its name. But the ARR/DEP section of LFPB certainly mentions MTD for departures to the north. I’ll look again. Do you have the reference to the French AIP chart?

Actually, you need to declare yourself non-RNAV in order to be able to file a FPL with MTD departure (otherwise IFPS rejects it).

Man how I struggled before figuring this out initially!

Last Edited by Aviathor at 07 Apr 08:08
LFPT, LFPN

Flyer what will you be flying?

I dont know why they make things needlessly complicated here in Europe. Ive just learned to stick my head in the sand and go. The controllers make this spaghetti system let them unravel it. Ive got to work on keeping the airplane right side up ,Wx, and navigating all while communicating.

Last time I flew into Toussus was from Munich EDMA and even with thunderstorms it was seamless.

My only problem with flying in France is the female controllers. They sound so sexy that Ive got the deer in the headlights syndrome via the radio. I just know if I were to meet them in person I would not be disappointed.

KHTO, LHTL

Do you have the reference to the French AIP chart?

It’s in AD 2 LFPB TEXT 03. Link

Last Edited by Guillaume at 07 Apr 08:16

That is excellent advice for any flight plan :-)

But standard flight plans don’t communicate climb (or descent) gradients. A level change group only indicates when a level change starts, not when it finishes.

Autorouter does include a full 4D profile (using the TOC: / TOD: etc. groups in RMK), but not many others do…

LSZK, Switzerland

My only problem with flying in France is the female controllers.

If you are looking for a voluptuous voice, try this!

Last Edited by Aviathor at 07 Apr 08:27
LFPT, LFPN

But standard flight plans don’t communicate climb (or descent) gradients.

We figured this out . This is why the AIP states :

Gradient: ATS gradient 5.5 % up to FL 150. If holding this gradient is impossible, notify it to the ATC unit on run-up.

Last Edited by Guillaume at 07 Apr 08:26

It’s in AD 2 LFPB TEXT 03. Link

Thanks @Guillaume. That is exactly what I was referring to as well.

But that is hardly a SID, is it? It is just RV MTD. No SID identifier, no chart.

LFPT, LFPN

C210,
I’ll be flying the SR22 … I just don’t know where I will be flying, now that Guillaume brought uo the strike :-) I’ll check Nancy …

Sign in to add your message