Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Transatlantic Beechcraft arbitrage

https://www.barnstormers.com/classified-1716834-Beautiful-2005-A36!!.html?catid=16738

I will have to visit @Peter to get the tutorial of creating a .pdf out of an airplane for sale online ad :)

This ex IAF A36 was for sale about 18 months ago at Elstree for £235k, now hoping to get $425k. After the cost of ferry, cosmetics, import duties am guessing there is some profit in the project.

Sometimes the market is firm in the US vs Europe, and vice versa. At the moment a lot of practical SEP making their way from Europe to the USA. Although the UK keeps shipping in containers of Warriors.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Is this the Elstree one? I saw it recently and it has a massive Star of David on the fuselage.

United Kingdom

@IO390 this is the first one, I think the agent at Elstree bought three of four?

Ahh OK. Back to topic, late model A36s definitely carry a huge premium. There seems to be a lot of controversy about the G36.

Does anyone know if the KFC225 autopilot servos in the A36 installation suffer the same reliability issues as in Caravan and TB20 installations?

Last Edited by IO390 at 04 Feb 19:50
United Kingdom

Ouch! At that cost I would be thinking about the chute (SR-22), pressurisation (PA-46) or the second engine (DA-42).

EGTR

It’s interesting alright, it’s on our agenda for this month.

I am hoping to achieve the same price for the F33A in 2022 that the previous owner paid in 2007.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

For Planecheck ads we have this site (kindly produced by Dimme) for creating PDFs which can be uploaded to the forum, so the advert doesn’t go dead, but no such tool for other sites. Try printing in the browser to a PDF; sometimes it works. Here are a few pics:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Sometimes the market is firm in the US vs Europe, and vice versa.

My impression is that specifically for Beeches the market in the US has always been much stronger than in Europe: Over there this is a common type (upscale, of course but common), with lots of repair shops, good spare part availability, etc. while in Europe it has always been a little on the “exotic side”.

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

while in Europe it has always been a little on the “exotic side”.

Could not agree more having owned one for the past 16 years. It was, and remains an issue. Bit like owning a rare Corvette, here in the UK.

However with the right US contacts and access to the US forums one can always get spares and parts, and importantly sensible advice.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 07 Feb 18:03
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

The centre of gravity for the Bonanza community in Europe seems to be Germany.

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message