Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip around Great Britain

Entering Luxemburg wouldn’t be the problem and flying above the CTR in their TMA certainly the easiest route, but I couldn’t find a point to cross from Luxemburg to Belgium.
Is REMIK-TALUD a valid crossing even though I didn’t leave Luxemburg at a specified border crossing point?
Any suggestions?

Austria

You are worrying too much about those border/FIR crossing points. Yes, some of these countries want them in the flightplan. But VFR flightplans are mostly only for SAR purposes, and not for defining an ATC routing. That is still done via radio.

In other words, you don‘t need to strictly adhere to any flightplanned routing. Get in contact with ATC and tell them what you WANT.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I need to file a flightplan with AustroControl and they are quite insistent on border crossing points in the flightplan. I will try the routing as described (EDRZ-REMIK-TALUD-DEVAL-EGHL
If it doesn’t work for them they will tell me :)

Disregarding that speciality of Austrocontrol you are very correct of course.

Last Edited by ASW22 at 08 Jul 18:58
Austria

I don’t recall that one needs a “valid” IFR waypoints or VFR VRPs for crossing in FPs?

I would file a direct route on SD, ask ATC for a convenient route and follow any ATC deviations
Tough, I get asked to give ETA for border crossing/rough location (e.g. east of Lille), basically to give you next frequency

IMO, I think you are over complicating it a bit, you will find that ATS units around that specific Benelux+Germany+France area are far more coordinated/integrated and easy going than “sparse/complicated/busy” ATS around London

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jul 19:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

You don’t; I normally file EGKA DCT LFAT.

This may also be relevant.

The main challenge is to always have a frequency set on which to make a mayday call.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

EDRZ EET/REMIK0020 EET/TALUD0040 EET/DEVAL0200 EGHL got accepted without problems.

I plan on departing Austria a little bit before 1 pm and then it should work out fine.
Looking forward to 10 days in the UK :)

Austria

Every VFR FP is accepted. There is no validation.

It is an old custom to include the EETs to the FIR boundaries but it doesn’t matter if you are filing it electronically. Only if you are filing via some human interface then somebody might decide this is not valid or whatever.

Greek islands are best in September. Few tourists, everything still open, nice temperature, warm water.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

ustom to include the EETs to the FIR boundaries but it doesn’t matter if you are filing it electronica

Flightplans filed electronically via Austrocontrol get validated by their staff and they demand EETs on border crossing points. They have rejected FLPs of mine with points that were only a couple of miles off the border with the reasoning “no offical border crossing point”.

Last Edited by ASW22 at 08 Jul 19:35
Austria

Use EuroFPL

Administrator

I will look into it. I quite like the AustroControl System though, even though it has it’s specialities (e.g. border crossing points).

One more question: I filed the GAR-Form today (more than 24 hours in advance) but only got the notification that they got the message. Do I have to do anything else or do I need some sort of verification by the GAR-people or is this one message that the file got submitted enough?

Last Edited by ASW22 at 08 Jul 20:08
Austria
Sign in to add your message