Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LIRN Naples Handling/Landing Fees

Anyone with experience landing at LIRN? What did it cost? We plan to go for a couple days early May. MTOW 1050 kg

Tököl LHTL

I have no recent experience, but from some (scarce) reports I have, expect 150-200 Euros.

The problem is that there is a parking ban for GA, so they won‘t let you stay for more than 24 hours or so.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I suggest Salerno LIRI instead. Nice people, no beaurocracy, low landing fees, Avgas and Jet, car rental…spectacular coastline to Naples

Italy

Well, sure, but it must be noted that it‘s over an hour to Naples city from there (IF you manage to get a rental car at LIRI…).

Naples (and the area north of that) is unfortunately not well „served“ by GA airfields…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

We were in in Salerno last year (I bought a nice blue linen suit there) on the way to Sicily. The people are indeed nice. It is an excellent stop with AVGAS on your way south, but a bit far from Naples. Am actually considering a nearby grass field (Delta Club Napoli or Capua). Either should be much cheaper. Then spend the money saved on a nice hotel. We have long wanted to visit the Archaeological Museum and see the Pompeiian frescoes—especially the erotic ones! :)

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 22 Apr 18:57
Tököl LHTL

I went to LIRN in … April 2017, was it? They parked us at the complete opposite of the airport, next to the firefighters training on actual fire with actual big flames. It was a rather long (handler) car ride to the terminal around the runway, and not in a nice “bizjet passenger quality vehicle”. Luckily, the handler ignored the (low!) posted speed limits on the perimeter road, or I’d have had time to take a nap. Less luckily, he also completely ignored the “do not cross this point without radio clearance from tower” signs.

Since I arrived tired from looong flying day, in the night, I didn’t fuel on arrival. The handler cashed his invoice, brought us to the airplane, left, … and it was an hour wait until we got fuel. We couldn’t get a taxi clearance because the handler hadn’t “released” us. So we had to call him again, wait for him to come and stand in front of us to make us a sign “turn left towards the only possible exit from the apron you are one”.

ELLX

Hi! We are possibly flying to Naples next weekend and were thinking of using Capua. Does anyone know if entry from a “Covid List C” Schengen country (Spain in my case) is allowed into an Italian airfield which is not a port of entry, like Capua , or do we need to land at a port of entry for COVID formalities?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

We regularly operate France to Italy landing at non-Port of Entry airfields without a problem. As far as i’m aware that covid related restriction is for Spain only.

Flew into Naples in September 2021. Only an hour on the ground but the bill was almost €1200 for a PC-12. I objected to paying for the ice and they took it off the bill. Only winter ops in Samedan beats that.

Last Edited by Shanwick at 22 Feb 05:33
LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

Thanks @Shanwick, LIRN sounds an expensive place.

I have now figured Capua LIAU is restricted to based aircraft anyway . It seems the best option is still Salerno LIRI as reported above.

COVID-wise it appears that as long as the PLC form and COVID certs are available it is not a problem.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

We took a PC12 into Capua last year when Salerno was closed. We just joined the local aeroclub.

LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message