Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Norwich charge £99 for practice approach.

Someone more senior from SaxonAir has written to me proposing a compromise which, though still double what Southend or Cambridge charge, is at least within the bounds of good sense, and I have agreed.

I have suggested that they adjust their procedures and training for the future, so I hope no-one has to go through this again.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Someone local looked into this situation and the real story is more complicated.

Norwich airport or handling prices have not changed recently.

This flight was initially booked with ATC, who didn’t absorb that it was a GA flight. They thought it was a commercial flight, and that triggers the handling, even if one doesn’t land. The comms between ATC and Saxonair were less than good. And Saxonair didn’t have contact details for the aircraft owner.

Another factor is that the aircraft is over 2000kg which – as is usual around Europe – puts the whole thing into a higher price bracket.

So it sounds like a big mis-understanding, which should have been sorted out with a phone call to Saxonair.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for that interesting info.

Peter wrote:

a commercial flight, and that triggers the handling, even if one doesn’t land.

I fail to understand why a commercial flight needs to pay for handling that it doesn’t need nor use?

ELLX

Probably because they always land.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

should have been sorted out with a phone call to Saxonair.

Indeed, but multiple calls to SaxonAir didn’t sort it out.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter wrote:

And Saxonair didn’t have contact details for the aircraft owner.

..oh, and yes they did. It was they that originally called me.

Peter, perhaps your “local source” is a little less close to the situation than they say, or have a spin to put on it?

EGKB Biggin Hill
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message