Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A trip to the Alps to get nice photos (and a video)

Lovely pictures, it can’t get more CAVOK than this trip !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I like the fact that the KLN94 is still strong!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Still think you’re crazy ;-)

I am happy with that

I like the fact that the KLN94 is still strong!

It is perfectly good for IFR in Europe; it just doesn’t do LPV.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great pictures! I showed them yesterday to some friends and they were amazed. However, they were not so impressed with sitting 6:30 in GA plane

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

However, they were not so impressed with sitting 6:30 in GA plane

Well, the TB20 has one of the nicest cabins in GA too… that certainly helps.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

On the skiers walking on the top, is heliski allowed on MtBlanc? or it’s RedBull guys?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

No heliskiing allowed in France.

T28
Switzerland

Very cool @Peter ! It seems that I’m a bit guilty on this crazy trip idea. You turned it very fast in real action!

Those mountains are indeed huge. Last year, when I passed the Mont Blanc, it was quite turbulent on the Italian side of the mountain “Monte Bianco”. I then continued towards the Matterhorn and made a descent into the upper Rhône valley, to one of the most scenic airfields in the Alps: Münster (LSPU). As soon as you turn the engine off on that airfield, the first and only thing you hear are cowbells and water flowing through the river.

Great to hear that you got good ATC services from Geneva. Easy clearances through the Geneva TMA should not be taken for granted.

Switzerland

I have nearly finished the video of the Mt Blanc flight and listening to the ATC exchanges again (the French ones are often borderline legible to me) I reckon my flight plan was never in the system – in France at least. UK had it (Shoreham); certainly French ATC didn’t have it at all, until possibly 2/3 down the route. Swiss didn’t have any issue however, and on the way back it worked OK. I did get an ACK of course.

Yeah – I went for this flight very quickly, seeing the CAVOK-everywhere wx. Normally I make a point of never flying if I have flown the day before, and I did fly the day before, but this was an amazing chance.

I will render Cut 1 overnight and maybe someone can identify some mountains worth labelling

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

T28 wrote:

No heliskiing allowed in France.
It’s allowed on the Italian side – and you can take off from France
LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message