Berlin - save Tegel airport project

All right, petiton created on Change.org:

SAVE BERLIN TEGEL FROM IRREVERSIBLE SHUTDOWN

Last Edited by Antonio at 27 May 14:58
Antonio
LESB, Spain

signed.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The petition is honorable, many thanks for that. However, getting the airport for GA only is the wrong goal. Nearly one million Berliners have voted to keep TXL open primarily for CAT. Commercial and private interests would mix well as it used to be in Tempelhof. In addition, the airport would take a large proportion of the CAT noise from the new BER which is in the interest of many people living in the southeast of Berlin and the neighboring towns and villages.
And the Berliners love TXL because of the short distances.
Furthermore the airport also means tradition, even if it is not quite as famous as Tempelhof.

Berlin, Germany

Thank you @highflyer

I posted the petition text a couple days ago in this forum but got few comments on the text. I posted the petition itself today and cannot change it now, once posted

Hopefully it serves some purpose.

In fact, I dont see why some of the proposed land use cannot be shared with GA and regional CAT use. For some reason I thought the whole idea of CAT was the main reason behind the closing.

If you can aid with local distribution of the petition in Berlin I would appreciate. Each petitioner can post comments such as yours about CAT together with the signature.

Danke Schoen!

Last Edited by Antonio at 27 May 17:30
Antonio
LESB, Spain

I’m hearing it will actually be used as a government airfield, not closed?

ELLX

Antonio wrote:

I posted the petition text a couple days ago in this forum but got few comments on the text.

Sorry for that, I did not see it.

Berlin, Germany

lionel wrote:

I’m hearing it will actually be used as a government airfield, not closed?

Yes, that’s right until the luxury lounges for the politicians are ready at the new BER. At TXL politicians travel distant from the citizens from the north side while the passenger terminals are on the south side. There is even a helicopter shuttle service from the government district to and from TXL for VIP.

Berlin, Germany

highflyer wrote:

There is even a helicopter shuttle service from the government district to and from TXL for VIP.

…while the rest of us mortals have to land 60 km away…

TO be honest, keeping it open for that use is a good thing since it affords us some more time (me,always the positive guy!)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Grand total of 54 supporters for the SaveTegel initiative in the first 24hrs, half of them Spanish.

What can we do to get more support amongst Germans? Any ideas?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Much of Germany reads EuroGA so I renamed the thread to be more descriptive of the current topic.

I can’t promote it to the home page banners because this is not possible if the first post in a thread is a big one, which it is in this case. Maybe the relevant posts can be separated into a new thread?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message