Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Weston EIWT saved - great news!

I sent an email about returning to base there and didn’t get a reply. Not a great start!

EIMH, Ireland

Great news that Weston is secured for the future (I hope that’s what it means!).

I was at one time a frequent visitor to Weston and had the privilege of knowing the original owner, Captain Kennedy, back in the day. He once showed me a trophy that he had gained for some exploit (I wish I remembered what it was) that had been awarded to him personally by St. Expury. It was like touching the wings of god…..

Sadly he died a few years back and there’s an epitaph in the Irish Times.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Presumably they will get just GPS IAPs? A VOR service contract is not cheap and almost nobody actually uses them for actual navigation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aveling wrote:

I was at one time a frequent visitor to Weston and had the privilege of knowing the original owner, Captain Kennedy, back in the day. He once showed me a trophy that he had gained for some exploit (I wish I remembered what it was) that had been awarded to him personally by St. Expury. It was like touching the wings of god…..

Sadly he died a few years back and there’s an epitaph in the Irish Times.

I have a piece of his Rallye EI-BBJ in the boot of my Toyota. I don’t know why I carry it about, but probably just to show some other aerosexual I might meet that I do indeed have deep roots in aviation!

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

I sent an email about returning to base there and didn’t get a reply.

Just give them a call. They are incredibly friendly and non-bureaucratic.

EG – while I have been in the US they emailed me to let me know that had moved my aircraft into a hangar (by hand, not easy, 2t, 300m), because of storm Arwen coming. No charge.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message