Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why does Caen LFRK feel the need for the dire AIP warning about going to prison?

10 Posts

Has something happened there which necessitates this?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AIP AD entry is usually written by OPS, I am not sure who did wrote such crap? I am not sure what “code de transport” means? and where Art L6212-2?

The fine for omission or negligance in customs declarations are listed here, can they at least update with the relevant reference?

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/codes/article_lc/LEGIARTI000044872578

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Mar 21:56
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Code des transports is a law “code”, like “code pénal”, “code de la route”, “code civil”, etc.

Article 6212-2 says:

L’aéronef qui effectue un vol international est tenu d’utiliser au départ et à l’arrivée un aéroport international.
Toutefois, certaines catégories d’aéronefs peuvent, en raison de la nature de leur exploitation, être dispensées par l’autorité administrative d’utiliser un aéroport international.

The repressive part is in article L6232-3

Sans préjudice de l’application des peines prévues par la législation douanière, est puni de trois ans d’emprisonnement et de 30 000 € d’amende le fait pour le pilote, en infraction aux dispositions de l’article L. 6212-2, de ne pas utiliser, sauf cas de force majeure, un aéroport international au départ ou à l’arrivée d’un vol international.
Est puni des mêmes peines le fait pour un membre d’équipage de tenter de se soustraire aux contrôles réglementaires sur un tel aéroport.

In English:

Without prejudice of the penalties prescribed by the customs legislation, the pilot, which in infraction of article L. 6212-2 doesn’t use, except in case of force majeur, an international aerodrome as departure or arrival of an international flight, is punished by three years imprisonment and a 30 000 EUR fine.
The same penalties apply for the punishment of a crew member that tried to evade the prescribed controls on such an airport.

I guess they were referring the second paragraph of article L6232-3.

ELLX

Thanks Lionel, I did not see it was in the next L6232-3

L’aéronef qui effectue un vol international est tenu d’utiliser au départ et à l’arrivée un aéroport international.

That is not 100% true: I am sure one can fly France to Belgium if not going to Caen, Rochelle, Picardie…at least after 2017

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/id/JORFTEXT000035871810

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Mar 08:52

Following yesterday’s debacle, I would recommend not sending the UK GAR .xlsx form to Caen. Just send them a PDF printout of it, with a covering email telling them exactly what you are doing, and using dates like “20th March 2022” and not 20/3/2022 which clearly confuses them.

As regards the prison stuff, I reckon something must have happened there, because when I last flew there (to collect some TKS fluid without leaving airside) they were very fussy about the police permission.

And similarly on previous flights during lockdown, although on those LFRK was just a planned fuel stop, which was not used on the day.

Something is going on…

Administrator

The entry in Caen AD AIP was there for very long, I doubt it’s something new?

It is not new, indeed. So why does every French airport not have this on their website?

Administrator

No idea, it’s “the kingdom of Caen” after all, they wanted their AIP AD to be clear that they do hang bad & negligent pilots over there

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Mar 10:59

Removed, it helps making some noise to SIA about it

WOW!!

I did send this to a number of airports in France, telling them that this really puts off UK visitors, because nobody will risk that sort of punishment in a country where they probably can’t speak the language so would not be able to deal with any issue arising.

Everybody reads EuroGA I know the whole UK CAA does and probably the DGAC does too.

Administrator
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message