Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA to the Lofoten islands ...and then some!

Thank you all for reading with interest.

I am glad I have tempted you @terbang , maybe you can lure Mrs Terbang into a visit in the arctic winter/night and let us (virtually) enjoy with you? I guess you can fly on a moonlit day (night) for scenery and then when the moon sets, go for Northern Lights? Inflight photography gets a lot more challenging, though, and the PFly agreement is invalid at night, so you are limited to regular airport opening times…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Thank you @Mateusz , yes it does take 2-3 hours to put every chapter together, but as you see I have not put a lot of effort into editing pictures: I just took some screenshots of cockpit (and ground) Garmin VIRB videos, pre-flight briefings from autorouter for wx pics, screenshots from ADL and Garmin Pilot, my very basic Samsung A50 for flight pics, that and my iPad mini5 for ground pics. I am sure some could be edited for a much better result, and an iphone with a lens shroud would be better for inflight pics….
Anyway as you see I was more interested in getting the message across to the group than making the perfect story…I also have a family, a daytime job and an airplane to keep!

Looking forward for more stories of your flights with your new Arrow, make sure you look after it and your enduring pax properly!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

Hope your wife enjoyed it as well.

Thanks @jujupilote !
Short version: yes, a lot!
Longer version: on the wifey part, you caught me: that (vs wx) was the real reason for the flexible bookings 😉. She was eventually happy to join, but did not participate in, nor enjoy the GA part, other than the 40kg-luggage-free airline travel it afforded her! (We carried all luggage and kit for the 2-wk trip for 4.5 people, plus tooling and stuff for a total over 80kg). Our elder daughter decided not to join in Norway and later met us in Denmark, although travel plans remained flexible enough that she could have joined onboard last minute. That flexibility was also part of the advantage of GA travel: no need for expensive last-minute tickets.
All of us, mum included, had a wonderful time. The relaxed atmosphere, the scenic, otherworldly environment, and our great hosts surely helped!
I guess, like a successful EuroGA meetup, a joint trip is best when it affords each one some of his own stuff! Each of us needs to feel a star in his own show: mum had most of the ground planning initiatives, our daughter had her newly acquired friend, our son was taking it all in and even made his own drain-the-oceans

ipad-recorded iMovie-edited episode with the Lofoten steamboat shipwreck we found, and as for myself…do I need to explain?

I am blessed with a wonderful family. Not challenge-free, but a challenge-free family is a boring one and, in a way, that is what makes such a successful trip a fulfilling experience. Hopefully that transpires in my storytelling!

Last Edited by Antonio at 18 Oct 11:08
Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message