Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Suggested Fly-in - Spain Wednesday 12 August 2026

Ok, so we had a brilliant flyin in Spain last year, and no doubt another brilliant one this year.

So why am I suggesting another one?

Why am I suggesting one over 2 years away?

Why on a Wednesday!??

Well, on 12 August 2026 there will be a total solar eclipse, and the totality of this one will be visible from Europe, though the totality will only be visible from Spain.

Time and Date

If we miss that, there will be another one where the totality will be visible from the very very south tip of Spain / Gibraltar on 2 August 2027.

After that, there isn’t another total eclipse visible from Europe until 2053. Most of us probably won’t be around for that one, and those of us who are, probably won’t be still flying.

So, I know it’s 2 years away, and a week day, but what better excuse for a flyin?! Plenty of time to plan too! And get accommodation booked before half of the world decides to go there on holiday that year

And with Spain in August….I’m sure we’d have a very good chance of clear skies.

Is there interest?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Well spotted and thought out 👍🏻
I think the idea is brilliant, and sure would take part. And who knows, I might even persuade mrs to come along 😎

Last Edited by Dan at 08 Apr 21:27
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Great idea! If Spain in August is too hot for some, the back-up location can be Reykjavík :)

EGTF, United Kingdom

Thanks Dublinpilot. Yes, I have been eying this for years. Its path is actually over my home so I may want to experience it without traveling to NW Spain.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Great idea – just a small hint: it is August 12, 2026 acc. to the link…

EDM_, Germany

I added the 12th of August 2026 to our calendar. I just took Spain as location 😀

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

ch.ess wrote:

Great idea – just a small hint: it is August 12, 2026 acc. to the link…

Thank you!

Unfortunately it’s too late for me to edit the post.

Peter, could you change the title and the main body to “Wednesday 12 August 2026”.

Thanks.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Done

Count me in, of course!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What an interesting idea 😎

I put it in my calendar ☺️

Germany

12 August 2026, 2 August 2027, 12 September 2053

All three dates added to my calendar.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia