Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sicily - Palermo LICP - EuroGA 4-5 Sep 2021 fly-in

Brilliant, thanks boscomantico

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

Pantelleria and Lampedusa are very nice airports.
Pantelleria sometime doesn’t have AVGAS as well but, in any case, I would recommend a fuel stop in Malta since it’s very cheap compared to Italy. There is around a 100€ landing and handling fees, but you still save money with the fuel price (currently 1,9€/liter).
I work in Comiso airport (LICB), which is in the area. There is no AVGAS unfortunately but I recommend it for renting a car and visit the cities in the area (ragusa, Modica, Scicli). Landing fees are reasonable.
I would personally avoid Catania (LICC) in any possible way,

LILV, Italy

Last Saturday I get AVGAS on Catania, LICC, Aeroclub Catania. At first contact by email was perfect, but on the ground some hassle, nobody want to speak English, but printed email with confirmation from Aeroclub’s manager solved. With friendly help from handling’s guys, who spoke perfect English. 2,95€/l plus 89€ landing fee.

dkk
dkk
LKLT

for complete information our journey was (Cirrus SR22T)
LKLT-LIQL
LIQL-LICC
LICC-LICB
LICB-LJPZ
LJPZ-LKLT

in Lucca, (LIQL) I paid 2,4 €/l
landing and others fee was 26€

in Comiso (LICB) I paid for 6 days 72€, there no AVGAS

in Portoroz (LJPZ) I paid 2€/l and 26€ landing fee

dkk
dkk
LKLT

@dkk I think I talked to you in LICB i am an ATCo there.

By personal experience, Malta is the bestsport for refueling around Sicily.
AVGAS price is at least 1€/liter less than Italy and no hassle at all. We paid the handling and landing fees for the refuelling around 90€ with a S22T.

LILV, Italy

Is it worth going to Malt if you consider the hourly cost to go there? If you figure 1 hour R/T from the Sicilian airport since youre going back to Europe. Taking my plane as an example 350 Euros/Hour (Wet) if filling up 400Lts but probably less since that does not leave 1 hours reserve. But assuming its 400 Lts saving 400 Euros then subtract 90 Euros for landing so now you have 310 Euros but it cost 350 Euros/hr to fly the airplane. Therefore it cost an additional 40 Euros to fill up at Malta. More if you use less than 400 Lts. Unless Malta is a destination to spend a few days there is it a realistic fuel stop to save money?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

worth going to Malt if you consider the hourly cost to go there? If you figure 1 hour R/T from the Sicilian airport since youre going back to Europe. Taking my plane as an example 350 Euros/Hour (Wet) if filling up 400Lts but probably less since that does not leave 1 hours reserve. But assuming its 400 Lts saving 400 Euros then subtract 90 Euros for landing so now you have 310 Euros but it cost 350 Euros/hr to fly the airplane. Therefore it cost an additional 40 Euros to fill up at Malta. More if you use less than 400 Lts. Unless Malta is a destination to spend a few days there is it a realistic fuel stop to save money?

I’ve actually just heard that things got way worse in Malta and it’s useless to stop there now for a fuel stop.
Handling with DC Aviation raised to 210€ euros and AVGAS price is now 2,10 €/ liter (5 months ago it was 1,65).

LILV, Italy

Sounds like they are doing a great job destroying GA.

KHTO, LHTL
Last Saturday I get AVGAS on Catania, LICC, Aeroclub Catania. At first contact by email was perfect, but on the ground some hassle, nobody want to speak English, but printed email with confirmation from Aeroclub’s manager solved. With friendly help from handling’s guys, who spoke perfect English. 2,95€/l plus 89€ landing fee.

@dkk Who did you use for handling? I plan to go to Catania (LICC) this week, EUR 89 seems like a good deal …

LKBE
Sign in to add your message