Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Discovering the limits of IFR flying: a glorious trip from Kortrijk to Rodez

I use AIrBP all over France and Germany. Its usability is increasing significantly and it is good for those time UVAir is not taken.

EGTK Oxford

AirBP have also just bought StatOil’s Scandinavian aviation fuel business , so many (most?) airports in Scandinavia will accept them as well. To be fair, they all seem to accept visa, so it probably doesn’t matter…

EGEO

Has anyone seen any evidence that Visa is more expensive than an AIR BP card?

There may be a foreign exchange benefit. CC interest rate conversions are huge ripoffs and, here in the UK, most of them charge several £ per transaction on top (Halifax is one exception). So there could be a few % in that alone.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Total card offers the cheaper furl throughout France. How do prices compare with BP? What fixed cost do you incur with BP?

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

No fixed cost for the BP card.

Re fuel prices between the two, there is not a lot of difference. Last year, I found BP to be few cents cheaper on a couple of occasions. Recently, it has been more the other way around.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

My BP Belgian contract says that if I don’t uplift enough fuel (can’t remember how much) They are allowed to charge something (I can’t remember how much), less than a 100 euros probably.
I took it anyway because it’s so stupid to be stuck at an airfield waiting for the fuel guy to get back from his lunch, then to fuel the low cost flight, etc. and have to stay overnight because you won’t have time to fly back before sunset.
Yes it’s a good idea to get a briefing on how to use the fuel station. You can call at the local aeroclub in France, people will know how to use it. I always call the aeroclub and visit their website before flying to a place. For instance, in Lorient, the local aeroclub website is the only place where they can tell you how to apply for a PPR.

Last Edited by Piotr_Szut at 24 Mar 19:33
Paris, France
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message