Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Toussus Le Noble LFPN

Hi Sabbasolo

No handling required for sure!

Now the landing/parking fee thing is a little bit obscure. I have studied reports of at least 20 (German) pilots who were there and about 18 wrote that the normal procedure is that the airport sends you a bill in a letter … but that they never got one. Only ONE guy i met said that he received a bill 6 months later , € 50 for landing and two days of parking. I asked the woman working in the small GA terminal and she just waved me off wishing me a “good flight” ;-)

Avgas: Just tell them on the GND frequency and the truck will be there 5 minutes later. They take the usual credit cards and the Total card.

Sorry, I don’t know exactly for “outside Schengen”. From Germany you need zero, you just can’t come on the days when the Tower is closed (about 4 per month). But it’s ALL in the LFPN Notams!

@Sabbasolo Check the Notams:

B0053/16 NOTAMR B6232/15
Q) LFFF/QFZXX/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4845N00207E005
A) LFPN B) 1601051113 C) PERM
E) CUSTOMS:
-INNER SCHENGEN AND EU FLIGHTS : AUTHORIZED UPON CAPITAL AND FREIGHT
ALLOWANCE – SEE WWW.DOUANE.GOUV.FR
-INNER SCHENGEN AND OUTSIDE EU FLIGHTS (SWITZERLAND, LIECHTENSTEIN,
ICELAND, NORWAY) :
TUE-FRI : O/R THE DAY BEFORE, BEFORE 1100
SAT-MON : THE LAST WORKING DAY BEFORE 1100
FAX : +33 1 74 25 96 27
E-MAIL: SR-DUGNY(A)DOUANE.FINANCES.GOUV.FR
-OUTSIDE SCHENGEN (UK, IRELAND, ROMANIA, BULGARIA, CYPRUS,
CROATIA) AND OUTSIDE EU FLIGHTS : PROHIBITED

I never paid anything at LFPN other than fuel, despite having been there a dozen times over the years.

A bit off topic but you should definitely try the ILS 25r at night :)

LFPN, LFLI, LFPZ

These are good pictures. How did you take them? I’ve done that approach a couple of times at night but never managed to get my passengers to take anything decent.

Out of a DA42 with a reflex, by my best friend who is also a pilot and a great photographer. No special tricks !

LFPN, LFLI, LFPZ

Some pictures of our 3 day trip to Paris via Toussus Le Noble.

Bavaria, right after takeoff

The Rhine river, in the foreground on of the large Merdedes factories in that area at Rastatt, un the background Baden-Baden airport

Center of Metz

Approaching Paris on RENSA6W STAR

Paris

Paris

Still on the STAR

Flight Log

Last part of the STAR, inbound VEBEK WP

Short Final RNAV25 at LFPN

Arrived, #24 is a good parking position in front of the tower and there’s steel cables for tie down

There’s a good pilot shop under the Tower. We took a taxi to the closest Metro station, Mairie d’Issy for € 45. The cheaper way is to take a taxi to Versailles (€ 20) and take the RER train from there

One of my favourite areas is the Marais

The Seine, near Notre Dame

One of many good and beautiful restaurants

Marathon near Hotel de Ville

We walked to the Eiffel Tower and there’s many great views when you get closer

The First Office and the Eiffel Tower

I could look at the details of the construction for hours!

Eiffel Tower from the Trocadero

It was the day of the Men’s Final so we took a taxi to Roland Garros. We could have gotten a ticket on the street… for € 1000 each, so we watched it on TV.

Walking towards the Seine from Roland Garris, a nice church in Rue Leconte de Lisles

… the Bataclan Club. A sad place

at the Bataclan

don’t go to Paris when you’re on a diet

One of the nicest Metro stations is the one at the Louvre

I think the Galerie Lafayettes is the best department store in the world. Bought my son some clothes …

Near St. Denis

Our taxis driver on the way back from Mairie d’Issy was Kevork, a very nice gentleman from Armenia. Kevork speaks six languages and had a little fashion factory before the competition from China became too strong. He proudly told us about his son who just finished University. One day when he retires from driving the cab he will move back to Armenia he told us. He was very interested in our airplane too. What was funny: He had never heard about the Toussus le Noble airport – we directed him there.

Preflight

Right after Takeoff, overflying the Velizy Villacoublay Airforce base. You have to call Orly Radar at 1000 ft AGL

Passing Luxemburg

It was warm at FL80, so only 169 KTAS at 14.4 GPH… many tines I see 172 KTAS at only 13 GPH at this altitude

Manching-Ingolstadt Airport and Airbase. The Eurofighter is built here.

Final Descent

Back home

Total Flight time to LFPN and back was 5:15, we needed 76 Gallons of Fuel. This can be done more efficient at higher altitudes but because of the CAVOK weather on both days we preferred to stay in FL80 and to fly without oxygen. The longest DIRECT I got was on the way back: almost 250 NM.

Last Edited by at 15 Jun 12:08

One more tipp:

Hotel Duo, 11 Rue du Temple in the center of Marais (4th Arrondissement) is a good compromise. € 580 for three nights, double room with 2 beds, (booking.com) is not exactly cheap, but the hotel is very nice, modern, super clean and in a very good location. Five walking minutes from the Hotel de Ville Metro, ten minutes from Forum des Halles.

@Noe

Thanks for that – I didn’t expect Notams to contain info that doesn’t change a lot, so I hadn’t checked at this early planning stage.

PR required by email, I am arriving inter-Schengen.

Forums are great, although I try to also to update http://www.iaopa.eu/AOPAFuelPriceServlet and also https://www.you-fly.com/airport whenever I can

You’re welcome. I always tend to check NOTAMs well in advance of any trip (on the early planning phase, when picking airports). Often permanent (or semi-) that can be really important.

TOTAL is going to install self-serve mogas pumps at LFPN. For context, the fleet there is increasingly rotax.
I don’t know :

• If it will be ethanol free or standard premium E5 unleaded autofuel (they just said « SP98 » which means RON 98/MON 87)
  • What card will be accepted (credit card, total card ?)

LFPN and other airfields around paris will also get an electric charging station.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message