Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Toussus Le Noble LFPN

LFPN unleaded fuel station was opened yesterday !

per Notam :
LFFA-E4348/23
DU: 05 10 2023 00:00 AU: 05 04 2024 23:59
A) LFPN
Q) LFFF / QFUCS / IV / BO / A / 000/999 / 4845N00207E005
E) MISE EN SERVICE DE LA STATION D’AVITAILLEMENT UL AERO SUPER + (SP98).
REF SUP AIP 187/23

and AIP SUP

So

• 2 pumps are available,
  • payment by credit card only
  • IIUC the fuel is E5 unleaded auto fuel RON 98/MON 87

That’s good news, and will bring the cost of flying down a bit !
Sometimes, the impossible becomes reality.

LFOU, France

They should communicate what ethanol percentage it is, as that makes a huge difference regarding suitability. But maybe they don’t want to, to avoid liability hassle.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

They should communicate what ethanol percentage it is, as that makes a huge difference regarding suitability. But maybe they don’t want to, to avoid liability hassle.

SP98-E5 is pretty well defined.
Availability of bio-ethanol depends on seasons, so the content of ethanol in gasoline varies over the year. But E5 has a MAXIMUM ethanol content of 5% (at peak season), and probably close to 0% ethanol at off-season.

Last Edited by maxbc at 06 Oct 12:03
France

I would highly doubt that Total sell another RON 98 fuel (called SP98 in French) than the one they sell in all gas stations. That one is E5.

I can’t find any info online on this. Clearly they don’t want to put this news forward, unlike when they put an electric charging station

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 06 Oct 12:06
LFOU, France

Hi,

I would like to fly to LFPN IFR next tuesday, departing from either Germany or LFST. Its my first time in LFPN.

In the past, some french ADs have required an eMail in advance to customs to “announce” yourself, even if you were travelling from a full adhering Schengen Country.
Sometimes this “habit” has been referred to as PNR (Prior Notice Required).

Does LFPN still require a notice of any kind if you are travelling from a full Schengen Country? (Germany).

Best,

Max

Germany

The AIP says nothing. NOTAM says nothing.

So if there is some weird requirement, they would be hiding it quite well Normally these weird requirements are missing from the AIP but are notamed e.g. LFBH.

BTW you can find all this in the EuroGA airport database. It can get you the AIP and NOTAM, and there are 3 pilot reports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My limited experience of LFPN is that it’s fine to just show up. But you probably want to make sure you’ll have somewhere to park. I don’t know how much transient parking there is.

LFMD, France

Since LFPN is NOT a border crossing point, they can‘t invent any PN requirements for international flights.

But there are various other gotchas with that place. Suggest to have a look here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I went in May, IFR from the Netherlands, and just showed up.
Flight plan is enough. Also, the airport is fundamentally unmanned so none would be there to tell you they were not expecting you ;)
Take the card from the dispenser before leaving airside, so you can get back to your aircraft later, and that’s it.
Expect the invoice from AdP after months :)
Just realized I did not leave a report, will add it!

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

FYI, unleaded RON98 at the new LFPN pumps costs 2.39€/L. Avgas is 2,89€/L. Both are sold by Total.
RON98 on the roadside costs about 1,85€/L.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message