Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Toussus Le Noble LFPN

DGAC has issued this very complete guide about flying to and from LFPN. link

It only exists in French AFAIK.

LFOU, France

Yet another multi-page airport briefing document. Toussus is a really unpleasant airport.
What’s new is the speed restriction in LR35A. Especially on departure, being restricted to 100kts in say an SR22 is a nightmare.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Especially on departure, being restricted to 100kts in say an SR22 is a nightmare.

What do you do if your minimum clean speed is above 100 kts?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They specify 100kts or 1.45x stall speed, but the lhe latter is also about 100 knots for an SR22. It is still a terrible climbout and level flight speed for an SR22.

That said, it does always make sense to fly at reduced speed in the circuit and circuit vicinity when flying these fast singles, as most other aircraft will be much slower. Airsmanship. But then, this applies mostly for approaching an aerodrome. On a departure, with no preceeding traffic, I would not fly that slowly.

And why prescribe everything? Sounds almost Swiss.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

They specify 100kts or 1.45x stall speed, but the lhe latter is also about 100 knots for an SR22. It is still a terrible climbout and level flight speed for an SR22.

I agree. And due to low Vs for more-less all SEP and MEP, it applies practically to all. And how can ATC check/enforce this? They can see GS on radar, you can always claim wind, engine cooling problems etc.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The low speed is meant for noise abatement. It has been in the VAC for years. It does make some sense for traffic avoidance too.

I don’t recommend Toussus VFR to foreigners

LFOU, France

The low speed is meant for noise abatement. It has been in the VAC for years. It does make some sense for traffic avoidance too.

Is it only for VFR departures? I don’t remember seeing it at SID.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This rule isn’t restricted to VFR so all should comply.
But R35 is up to 1500ft AMSL. If IFR, you will climb quickly and be traffic separated.
Nobody cares about your speed in this case.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 12 Feb 20:41
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

I would highly doubt that Total sell another RON 98 fuel (called SP98 in French) than the one they sell in all gas stations

Looks like I was wrong

LFOU, France

Apparently people actually get busted by DGAC for breaking that „speed limit“. Source: Aerostar driver on Beechtalk 😉

mri
LFSB, LFGA, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message