Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA airfield with reasonable overnight sleeping room

Dear all,

I am frequently travelling between amsterdam and Vienna, and I am wondering, if there are any airfield in between, which have an in the site bedroom capacity, which doesn’t take an endless taxi/public transport ride to end up in an expensive hotel. Basically I don’t want to waste too much time in travelling around the airport in the ground during my legs.

I tested EDDN once with the Movenpick airport hotel, which is great, as the hotel is across the street of the crew exit door of the airport. Something like that, but also on smaller ga airfield is my prime target for this threat!

Any recommendations?

Thx for,your help

Walter, not exactly on your way, but anyway within reasonable distance and also offering a GPS approach: Mengen (EDTM) has a nice hotel at the field: www.zum-fliegerwirt.de

The Rothenburg airfield is close to the city, same with Nördlingen, here they have the NH-hotels at reasonable rates, but both fields are VFR only.

I am VFR flying anyway

IR is approaching this summer only…

I have a look…thx so far

I’d suggest looking at fields with gliding or skydiving clubs. They often have bunk rooms to house competition entrants or people on courses which are often available for very little cost.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Straubing EDMS is nice and affordable. I usually stay in one of the hotel rooms of the restaurant. Very nice people.

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message