Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up Wednesday 24th June 2015 (Annecy LFLP)

I enjoy following these trips as I am (was) a lowly CASA PPL who has not flown in a long time. It makes me feel somewhat connected.

Just started the steps to gain EASA PPL so hopefully I can join in one day.

Until then, I am enjoying stalking Peter on this current trip. There is a bit of a dog leg across the channel.

Peter’s aircraft looks really nice on that FR24 image, much more upscale

Would be interesting to find out how he got these mods STCed ;-)

Last Edited by tmo at 24 Jun 10:27
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Annecy is worth flying to just for the scenery…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Administrator

Administrator

French coast

FL100

Mt Blanc

Painfully uploaded one at a time from my S6 phone. I wonder if there is a file browser which can do multiple select. The EuroGA end is fairly general purpose because it works with a number of windows apps.

All above were done with the S6 phone. And I already have an app which can downsize a whole folder do one is not uploading 15MB files.

Administrator

Have you tried the ASTRO file manager?

LFPT, LFPN

I don’t want to divert this trip report too much but the issue is that one needs a file manager which registers itself in the OS so that it is presented as one of the options when doing the file upload. Currently one gets the camera app(s) plus “documents”. The camera app option is brilliant because you can upload a picture as soon as you take it (it doesn’t get saved on the phone, well it probably does end up as some temp file wasting space) and the documents option is where you select the photo. Even the stock file manager is not presented in that mode.

Administrator

Looks like a nice trip you guys are having. On previous occasions I never had the courage to visit the center of Annecy. That was in the summer and the roads were one solid traffic jam.

Unfortunately, even in France, one does have to work to save the nation’s retirees although the Paris Taxis are having a good go at flushing what’s left of the economy down the toilets today in order to level the playing field with Greece. In a few days it will be ATC’s turn just as people start leaving on vacation, including yours truly.

On the other hand I will be in Carcassonne for a long weekend starting Friday. The weather looks to be gorgeous.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message