Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Some sort of Mooney convention at EGNS (Ronaldsway)

Dropped into Ronaldsway to get my fuel tanks topped off this afternoon, and it was unusually busy for a Sunday afternoon. Lots of aircraft going to park on the grass on the south side. As I departed, climbing out, there must have been half of Britain’s Mooney fleet parked there. (There were some other types too, but easily 2/3rds of the aircraft looked to be Mooneys). Anyone know what was going on? A quick internet search hasn’t yielded anything. The other unusual thing was there were about 4 arrivals while I was getting fuel – for a fly-in, you’d expect people to be departing at 5.30pm on a Sunday afternoon rather than arriving.

Andreas IOM

You ran into the annual trip for the European Mooney Pilots and Owners Association. They go somewhere together every year, and this year to London and IOM.
www.empoa.eu

It was probably mostly German Mooneys, but I know they’re working hard to become more European. I have just signed up after talking to the guys at Denham during their London stop.

EGTR

That looks great! They were taking a risk booking all that stuff in advance and relying on the Isle of Man weather being good enough! Glad it worked out.

Andreas IOM
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message