Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone landed lately in France coming from another Schengen country?

I’m wondering what to expect. As said in another thread I saw a NOTAM about compulsory customs / immigration for Colmar LFGA but not for other places. I assume that for Avignon LFMV – I’ve passed through there several times lately – there is no need to NOTAM because they have some sort of police there all the time and I’ve been always been asked to show ID and license when going airside.

Maybe anyone has landed in Colmar over the last few days and can report how it went with the PPR for customs/immigration?

Frequent travels around Europe

I do not expect that you should see any changes.

Apart from a NOTAM reminding the operators that they need to check the passports of all passengers, and that failing to do so they incur a 5000€ fine per passenger, there are no published restrictions AFAICS.

There may be a higher likelihood of police checks.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 20 Nov 17:43
LFPT, LFPN

Here they speak of increased security measures at Limoges with 5 additional customs officers and a diligent control of all commercial and private flights:
http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/limousin/mesures-de-securite-renforcees-aux-aeroports-de-limoges-bellegarde-et-de-brive-852569.html

Here is a list of airports that “reestablish” their border controls during the COP21 (conference on climate change in Paris) between Nov 13 and Dec 13:
http://www.aeroport.fr/news/r-tablissement-des-contr-les-frontaliers-du-13-novembre-au-13-d-cembre-2015-dans-les-a-rodromes-dans-le-cadre-de-la-cop-21

So maybe land somewhere else if you want to go and protest against that conference?

Well, it seems like there are lots of changes. I was checked twice in two flights, and I will probably be checked again tomorrow.

When arrived at LFQM (Besancon La Veze) on Friday, Gendarmerie de l’air checked the aircraft and pilot documents. On departure I did not se anyone, but upon arrival at LFBI (Poitiers), in was stopped by airport security that were very apologetic about having to ask me for ID and pilot’s license and phone it in to Customs. Customs decided they were not interested. And tomorrow I have to expect the same treatment on departure.

When I departed LFPN (Toussus) Friday, there were armed soldiers all over the airport, but AFAIU that is mostly due to COP21, but I departed with no questions asked.

I am not convinced that the ramp check in Besancon was related to the recent events in Paris, but in Poitiers they were very clear about that.

LFPT, LFPN

If there’s customs people at more different airfields in France it could be good news for arrivals from the UK

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil wrote:

If there’s customs people at more different airfields in France it could be good news for arrivals from the UK

Sweet dreams, Neil. Nighty night.

LFPT, LFPN

Today I heard Paris Info FIS ask a German plane flying VFR if he had a “Diplomatic Clearance”. The pilot answered no and could continue his flight…

LFLY, France

Last week I was in Le Bourget and the only difference was that the passports of the passengers were checked on arrival and passports of passengers and crew (!) were checked on departure. Must have been the first time in twenty years that I showed my passport in France. Hopefully also the last because these madmen they are after do not travel by private aircraft / business jet.

EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

Hopefully also the last because these madmen they are after do not travel by private aircraft / business jet.

WARNING!! WARNING!! If you are into political correctness this might be offensive! Please do not read this post and skip to the next comment. WARNING!! WARNING!!

Well with our friends the Saudis and Gulf states money in their pocket they just might. Ever since I heard that ISIS was supporting itself by selling oil from the regions they captured I asked the question who too. The reply was to the blackmarket. I really really stupid answer that really stupid people accepted. Anyone with half a braind with take it to the next cerebral level and ask into what country are they funneling this oil? You know we are not talking about a tiny physically sized commodity like diamonds with high value. A 55 gal drum is worth at most $100 how many barrels does it take to derive a 1.5 million S/day income. I think that is even taught in Jihadi elementary school.

So it takes the Russians bombing convoys of oil tanker trucks heading into Turkey to cause an international Rukus. I really think that the NSA should put a geo referrced chip into every Americans a*s because they obviously cant figure out who is funding ISIS. Forget about Constitutional freedoms we are fighting terrorists! We need to look everywhere. Leave no stone unturned.

As far as Im concerned there is no US inteligence and Im speaking of the jerks in Wash DC which includes our administration and US Congress. Hey I almost forgot the Jerks in Brussels London Paris and Berlin. They go into the pot as well.

KHTO, LHTL

Let’s not take this too far but it is apparently well known to the security services here in the UK that the primary “suicide aircraft risk” model is a bizjet, not light GA or an airliner. Light GA flies slowly (so can be intercepted/ shot own especially if heading for some major public event at which extra security will be arranged) and can’t carry much and an airliner needs to be hijacked which is not so easy these days (I presume there are some security requirements to be met if you are dry leasing a 747 etc?). Whereas hijacking a bizjet should be trivial if you can get inside one to start with.

I am afraid that a lot will change in our lives as a result of this recent stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message