Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Vienna - Austria, LOAV, LOWW

lionel wrote:

The guys on the INFO frequency 118.605 will not do it, or “it is our responsibility to confirm with them they did it”? (It is not an A/A frequency, there is someone on the ground on it, right?)

Indeed there is someone on the ground, but AIP states that it is “AD OPR”, which I interpret as A/G, not AFIS.

Foreflight shows a “Clearance Delivery” frequency of 118.23, that’s a bit suspicious for a VFR aerodrome, even it has a SID starting “only” 4km/2nmi from the aerodrome… Or does this mean I would get the “full route” IFR clearance already on the ground (with IFR starting only passing AV807/1400ft)?

According to the briefing by Austrocontrol you will get the route clearance on the ground, but not on 118.230.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Or does this mean I would get the “full route” IFR clearance already on the ground (with IFR starting only passing AV807/1400ft)?

Yes it does. There’s a designated spot where you have sufficient radio reception to contact Wien Delivery. Do note that after departure you contact Wien Radar on a different frequency.

https://www.austrocontrol.at/jart/prj3/ac/data/uploads/ATM/Briefing_IFR_LOAV_LOAN_V1-0.pdf

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thank you Airborne_Again and Snoopy, that is indeed illuminating.

@Wolfgang_O, @Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight you might want to have your team double-check your data source to see why this “clearance delivery” frequency is shown for LOAV but doesn’t seem to match any official source. Should be 133.685.

For general information of people, for 1.8t MTOW, 30h parking and 1 PAX:

• I got a quote from LOWW at about 250 EUR + VAT = 300 EUR VAT inclusive
  • I got a quote from LZIB (Bratislava) about 120 EUR + VAT = 140 EUR VAT inclusive

Since the weather forecast looks good for next weekend, I plan LOAV.

ELLX
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message