Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Peter wrote:

Zermatt is nowhere near Alta Badia, Bolzano, etc

Does the northerly cold current that is sweeping from Siberia to Western Europe somehow magically avoid Austrian ridges? Or does wind striking a ridge at 90 degrees behave differently in Italy?

Wind in the valley is irrelevant…

Peter wrote:

The all-bus option is hopeless and

You mean these buses don’t run?!

Peter wrote:

This is not like Annecy / Grand Bornand where you land and a 1hr taxi does it.

Temps here are really cold – down to -15C at night and that is quite a challenge! Fortunately zero wind.

There is ample snow here, at 4000ft or so, artificial and natural on top of it.

Skied in Le Grand Bornand on Sunday for about 4 hours – really cold here too (easily -15,-20 near the peaks) so my misses had enough after a couple of hours and retired for some mulled wine, I skied a little more before we headed home. It dumbed snow last week and we had a lot of knee deep powder. It snowed a little bit over night not much. Haven’t looked at the forecast am in the BA lounge in GVA now before heading back to London then Amsterdam later this week. Planning a flight on Saturday to Belgium weather permitting. otherwise will have to Cheapy Jet into Charleroi…

will post some pictures from the office later.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Funnily enough I managed to book this one

for getting back on Wednesday, €103. Interesting website; could not make it work with FF but it did just about work with Chrome. It is a special bus you have to book online a day or two ahead.

I didn’t discover it until too late. The hotel knew about it and tried to book it for me for the journey to the hotel but they could not make the website work.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you to those who encouraged me to go to Corvara.

The conditions here are outstanding. Best ski instructor ever, did some steep runs, great snow texture, great scenery, not too crowded, great healthy food can be found.

Also got the lift to Colfusco and skied back from there.

Very easy to get totally shagged out doing this.

Administrator

One of the big wide slopes

The snow quality is great. They started running the machines 1st December…

Administrator

Glad it all worked out!
Shame you don’t have your plane for some valley flying though, weather is beautiful!

Well, shorrick’s 100 euro bus is nonexistent also. No answer on the phone either.

I am doing plan B, trains and a bus and taxi. Luckily paid by paypal.

What is wrong with this country?

He actually arrived 1 hr later and says a refund is not possible.

No wonder the taxis are 300 euro.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

One of the big wide slopes

I believe that’s a picture of the local football pitch in winter :-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

It gets worse. Now in fortezza. Train to verona broken. Will miss the flight. Nobody here has any taxi numbers. Not even in a bar.

Fk this place. African.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message