Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flightseeing around Portland, OR

Hi all, a perhaps optimistic plan: I’ll be in Portland, OR, in a couple of weeks, and will have a free day. I’d love to do some sightseeing from the air, but only have a European PPL (and the time left till the trip isn’t enough to arrange FAA validation).
So the idea: rent a plane and an FI along with it , do a supervised flight. Does anyone know whether this would be even possible? Any experience about a flight school in the area that might be worth getting in touch with?

EDDS, Germany

Based on my experience with a similar trip to California, it should be very well possible to rent a plane with a CFI. Of course, you would have to pay for his time as well. I think that it would be complicated to organise it for an overnight / multi-day trip, but should not be a problem for simple flightseeing trips.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

I flew to Troutdale and the Dalles last year. Both have FBO’s offering flight training and rental. See Airnav Troutdale and Dalles. It’s very Scenic up there.

Here’s Troutdale (about 1/2 Hr drive from Portland). The Columbia River Gorge is dead ahead.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

I’d recommend taking in the Evergreen Museum at McMinnville (opposite the airport) if you get the chance. Not just for the “Spruce Goose” but an excellent aviation and space collection. Great sight-seeing scenery towards the Cascade mountains.

Find the local airports on Skyvector, then check Airnav for those airports and you should be able to get contact details for the schools at those airports.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message