Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hannover Messe: Flugverbot (restricted area) 23-25 April

10 Posts

… obviously because some one or other clown of politics is supposed to be around. A full 30 NM dia circle and GND-FL100, shame shame shame.

http://www.daec.de/fachbereiche/luftraum-flugbetrieb/news-details/item/flugbeschraenkungsgebiete/

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Berlin, Germany

Politics

We have to draw the line somewhere, so calling a named politician an idiot is not on.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The POTUS (well, the current at least) isn’t a clown, but the measures are way out of balance imho. Especially since some of the low level soaring “racetracks” are impacted and there is no possible threat from these aircraft anyway. I hope it isn’t a trend, that those restricted areas (independent of their reasoning lies in politics, sports or massive piss-ups) get bigger.

DAeC has protested because of the disproportionality of the measure. If AOPA got active, too, I don’t know.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

mh wrote:

DAeC has protested because of the disproportionality of the measure. If AOPA got active, too, I don’t know.

I don’t think that will help. I’m pretty sure that the restriction is a demand from the US Secret Service and if the German authorities don’t accommodate them, then POTUS will stay home and there will be a diplomatic crisis.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@Airborne_Again: yes, that is my understanding, too, though crisis is perhaps too big a word.

@Peter: agreed, that is why I avoided naming anyone. My disdain covers the whole class of politicians, with only the fewest exceptions (and no, I won’t name any). Besides “idiot” is not from my vocabulary, actually one of my favourite sayings is that “few people are so stupid that absolutely nothing can be learned from them”.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@Airbourne_Again: Well, it certainly won’t help if they don’t protest. So they may as well give it a try so they can learn for the next time…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

FWIW, we’re getting a 100km no-VFR zone for the Youth Days, which basically shuts down EPKP for the last week of June. Same for the NATO summit in Warsaw the beginning of June. So, yep.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

When Obama comes to our area, instead of calling him an idiot for shutting down our flying with his golf games, we call him “Zero”. It just sort of fits

I just refer to him as the Terrorist in Chief, no-one in the world causes more disruption than when he deigns to turns up. He did this in Berlin, closing down GA for 3 days, now it’s the same in Hannover. If I was Merkel, I would tell him – sorry, individual freedoms of the many are more worthy than considerations for the security of one who, let’s not forget it, only has himself to blame for the anger and resentment he is facing as a result of his own foreign policies….

EDL*, Germany
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message