Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lancashire Landing

Anyone from EuroGA fancy going to this? Organized by the Northern Aviators.
It was supposed to be tomorrow but the weather forecast has caused them to delay till the next scheduled date, July 30th.

It’s a beach landing on Morecambe Bay near Knott End (about 10NM on a 010 degree bearing from EGNH/Blackpool)

http://lancashirelanding.weebly.com/

http://lancashirelanding.weebly.com/fly-in-dates-2016.html

Andreas IOM

Maybe.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

From their website:

This Saturday (30th July) a no- go due to marginal wind strength ranging from 12mph to 18mph looking at 3 different forecasts so next date is August 13th.

AUG Sat 13th or Sat 27th
SEPT Sat 10th or poss Sun 25th
OCT Sat 8th

:(

But Glenswinton (and a dozen off-piste Galloway landing sites) will be open this weekend and we will light a BBQ if anyone turns up…

I have a feeling that I’m going to be getting covered in brake fluid on Saturday, but we’ll see :-)

Do you have avgas at Glenswinton?

Last Edited by alioth at 29 Jul 10:59
Andreas IOM
I have a feeling that I’m going to be getting covered in brake fluid on Saturday, but we’ll see :-)

Do you have avgas at Glenswinton?

Yes, we have a bowser almost full. No need for brakes at Glenswinton, it’s uphill.

Do you need a hand with your bleeding brakes? I use a modified garden sprayer to pump fluid into the bleed nipple, which makes it a five minute job.

I use a 100ml syringe and a short bit of tube for bleeding brakes myself, although the plunger life isn’t long (Aeroshell 41 swells the rubber in short order and the plunger tends to be stiff – I guess the rubber starts swelling more or less straight away and it’s a tight fit in the barrel to start with) I’m going to try with a ground glass one, see if it’s a bit easier.

Andreas IOM

@Jacko well I told PC Plod of the Special Branch I would arrive at roughly 1.30pm ish, all going well…

Andreas IOM
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message