Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Guinness refuel stop

If I had a light aircraft, a thirsty friend and a weekend free…. Where would I fly in order to refuel with a decent Guinness? Ireland preferred of course.

Essential is an 800m+ Tarmac strip; great Guinness “highly desirable”…

pg
PG
EGJB

EIWT Weston?

Andreas IOM

EIWT:

Good opening hours and quite cheap, too.

24hrs PNR for EU and 48hrs PNR for non-EU, according to the AIP, but they don’t seem to actually enforce this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As others have said, Weston EIWT is your only real option, unless you to use EIDW Dublin. EIDW will cost somewhere between €150-€300, and you won’t be into the city any faster.

EIWT Weston costs €40 (double since I last checked about 18 months ago!). A taxi to the city will cost about €40. If you are willing to rough it a bit, there is a bus service that will take you to the city centre for €3.30 per person. (Exact change only…no change will be give).
You can check the bus timetables here
It’s route 67 and your starting stop is number 3944 and direction is “From Maynooth towards Merrion Square”.

If you get off it at Heuston Station, you’ll have a 10-15 minute walk to the Guinness Factory. Where better to start your Guinness tour? Inevitably most revelers end up in Temple Bar but it can get a little loud, boisterous and fun at night. If you want to got to a night club, head there in the evening. If you want some night drinks in a calm relaxed atmosphere, head more towards Grafton Street & St Stephens Green area and find somewhere there.

Put this app on your phone. It’s called Journey Planner. It’s simply brilliant in Ireland. You tell it where you want to go, and it will take you from your current position, telling you which bus/train to get, what time it arrives, which stop to get off, and walking directions between the stops/destination as necessary.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

There’s Irish pubs in Antwerp and in Brussels, with EBAW resp. EBGB close by. The EBGB runway does nor really meet your requirements, though. All have Guinness on draught though myself prefer Kilkenny if I get there.

Last Edited by at 16 Aug 16:05
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Only one choice as said below. Weston for Dublin. Friendly airport too.

EGTK Oxford

Recently I was at Dinard in Brittany. There is an Irish Pub right in the terminal building, you can refuel yourself together with your aeroplane Landing and parking for up to two hours costs 6€ for a single if I read their price list correctly.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I’m thinking its Weston for now….

Can’t imagine it’s a good look to fly in, chug a couple of Guinness and blast off again before the 2 hours parking expires…

I’m not too fond of Guinness outside Ireland to be sure

pg
PG
EGJB

It has to be said that Guinness poured from an Irish tap by an Irish hand is much nicer than any other Guinness!

Forever learning
EGTB
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message