Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hangar space in Prague area

I might be looking for long term Hangar space in Prague area Any hints Thanks

fly2000

Peter_Paul, will a grass airfield do or do you need tarmac? Within what radius from Prague and how soon do you need it? What’s your budget? Any other requirements?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

can be grass but would prefer tarmac would probaly need from march 17 to oct 17 should be within 30-45 min driving time thanks allready now!

fly2000

Do you know which part of Prague you will be based in? There are outlying airfields in all directions, but you can get stuck in traffic within the city if you are on the opposite side. There are also two aerodromes directly in Prague, within walking distance from a metro station: LKLT Letnany (VFR, grass, fairly crowded, but still worth talking to just in case) and LKKB Kbely (IFR, tarmac, military – normally off limits to civilians but I know a few civilian operators based there, and I was once offered hangar space there for some €400 a month). South of Prague, LKPM Pribram has a tarmac runway and I know there is some free space in the hangars, but it’s a bit too far away; I land there frequently and can talk to them. My home base, LKBU Bubovice, has a bumpy grass runway and currently no space in the hangars, but there’ve been talks of a new hangar coming up soon.

it will be in the Cestlice area again many thanks for your efforts

Last Edited by Peter_Paul at 11 Oct 18:57
fly2000

Čestlice is outside of Prague proper. The closest airfield, LKTC Točna, is catering almost exclusively to vintage aircraft, and the next most accessible one is LKBE Benešov (VFR, grass, two larger flying schools and lots of other operators). Two more fields within reasonable driving distance are LKVL Vlašim (VFR, grass, relatively quiet; according to their site, hangar space may be available) and LKPM Přibram I already mentioned (you can get there from Čestlice via the outer beltway = no delays).

hello i been to Tocna great field and mega Hangar/Museum type aircrafts but they told me only short period of stay possible

fly2000
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message