Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report: Week-end in Haute-Savoie (EBGB-LFLP)

My first trip report… this is the first real long flight I do and I hope this can be useful for some persons to stimulate them to start flying longer legs.

We have friends living in Valleiry in Haute-Savoie we wanted to visit this week-end.
The initial plan was to go from Brussems (EBGB) to Bellegarde Vouvray (LFHN), but has mentioned in this post the performance calculations for the PA28 with the expected temperatures had too few margin in my views. I thus decided to amend the plan and to go to Annecy (LFLP).

Planned routing was EBGB-AFI-MMD-RLP-reporting point WC of LFLP @FL55.

We took off Friday 27/07 at 14.30. After taking off we had to make a small detour due to weather.

Starting from 1300 ft below TMA1 of EBBR I asked Brussels Information to climb higher, initially got 2000ft then 3000ft was handed over to Brussels Departure,was then cleared to climb to 4000ft. Already time to switch to Charleroi Approach to cross EBCI

Already time to switch to Florennes approach to cross over EBFS airbase. Still some showers on the way… seems we departed just in time

After having switched frequency 5 times in 45minutes I was in France a few minutes later where I climbed to FL55…
Continued straight on my route where I was handed over from one FIS to another and I remained with them as they arranged the crossing of the single TMA which was active on my route.
Approaching my destination, Bale info asked my intentions for the rest of route. I had planned a direct through Class E of Geneva to reporting point WV then WC then Annecy. The FIS suggested to avoid the TMA of Geneva and go via Corlier (LFJD) which I did as it was as fast, easy and less frequency change

Next to WC there is the VOR CBY on the montain above

Nice view with the Lac du Bourget

No wind, runway at my discretion, so I was preparing for a long final on 04 when the ATC informed me that the wind was coming from SW. I decided to change of runway and did a circuit to land on RWY 22 after the final turn and a 3h30 flight.

Refueled at the BP station before parking before the terminal and left the terminal.

On Sunday we just we came back to the terminal. We paid the landing and parking fee (12€ landing + 13€ for 23h of parking) and just went to the plane for the return flight.
Same routing (but in the other direction ) at FL065.

Complete uneventful flight… from FIS to FIS till Belgium where we descended to 3000 ft and asked to cross EBCI TMA. We were then handed over to Brussels Departure, remaining at 3000 ft till AFI were we descended till the 900ft to land at EBGB after 3h of flight.

Conclusion:
It is very easy to make some longer trips.
Annecy is straight forward, nothing complex and helpful ATC.
French controllers are very nice.
Just ask ATC, if you ask nicely you can get nearly anything you request

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Super report Jfw – many thanks for posting it

That’s some interesting wx along the route…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for the nice report Just on thing, why are the pics so small? I think they’re very nice, but I can hardly tell.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thanks for the report!

EBMO, EBKT

Thanks for the report @jfw:

Did you get to fly towards the Alps or enjoy any of the restaurants in Annecy?

EDLE, Netherlands

Unfortunately not. As mentioned in the post the primary goal was to visit our friends.
But I used your app for filing the FP

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message