Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying holiday Belgium - Italy - France report

I downloaded the KML files from our flights from flightradar, as you can see with flarm it has some quite impressive coverage.

Last Edited by jvdo at 19 Sep 09:46
EBMO, EBKT

Nice trip & nice report Jens!

The Dynamic seems quite a capable traveller, of course when max 2 people and not a lot of stuff.. I suppose you have the Rotax 912S. What MP/RPM settings do you use and what TAS/FF do you typically see when high up?

Now that the 600kg MTOM seems to be a done deal (well for D-reg and while flying in D) are you planning to apply for that? I suppose it’s a matter of putting in a more capable chute and the factory/dealer providing you with the neccesary paperwork?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

The Dynamic seems quite a capable traveller, of course when max 2 people and not a lot of stuff.. I suppose you have the Rotax 912S. What MP/RPM settings do you use and what TAS/FF do you typically see when high up?

Yes, I have tested most popular ultralights and for the moment I like the Dynamic the most. It’s light, high quality, comfortable and easy to fly. The only downside of the one I have are the small fuel tanks, only 75 liters, 69 usable. There is the option for bigger fuel tanks but I guess it’s hard to retrofit them. But ok, you cannot take more fuel if you want to remain in the current W&B.

I have a 100HP Rotax with a Woodcomp 3 blade variable pitch propeller.
I use 5000 RPM to 5200 RPM, low level I see around 205km/h at 5000 RPM, 26 MAP.

I checked some pictures from last week and these are some numbers:
- RPM: 5200, DA : 4000 ft, TAS 232 km/h, 26 MAP
- RPM: 5200, DA : 8500 ft, TAS 225 km/h, 22 MAP

Fuel flow is around 18-19 liter when I use 5200RPM, at 5000RPM it’s around 17-18 liter. 4800RPM is 16-17 liter.
So with this FF the safe endurance is about 3h + reserve. I used to fly on lower RPM (4800-26 MAP) but most people recommended higher RPM, this seems to be better for the engine.

The Dynamic with retracts is of course a bit faster, but it add’s weight, and a lot of Euro’s :)

aart wrote:

Now that the 600kg MTOM seems to be a done deal (well for D-reg and while flying in D) are you planning to apply for that? I suppose it’s a matter of putting in a more capable chute and the factory/dealer providing you with the neccesary paperwork?

We will wait and see, I have contacted the German dealer about this, right now they don’t have an ‘upgrade package’ yet but they have the option to order the new ones with a 600kg parachute and a stronger main landing gear. I guess soon you’ll be able to convert your older Dynamic with the same changes. The Dynamic has recently received type certification for 600kg (EASA) with only some minor changes, so I’m not worried for the moment.

Last Edited by jvdo at 19 Sep 14:01
EBMO, EBKT

Amazing trip jens ! And an affordable one too :)
Northern Italy is definitely my objective for 2019.

Jason, how can your family get bored of flying in your jet :( ?

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Amazing trip jens ! And an affordable one too :)

Thanks! Yes that’s the main reason I (and probably many others) fly ultralights :)

A video of our arrival at Calvi airport

Last Edited by jvdo at 23 Sep 20:22
EBMO, EBKT

EBMO, EBKT
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message