Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK CAA allows ab initio training on Annex 1, EASA doesn't like it, and Annex 1 hours acceptability towards EASA licenses

This article seems to contradict the reports earlier;

https://www.flyer.co.uk/flight-hours-annex-ii-aircraft-count-easa-ppl/

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Whistle in the dark if you ask me. Until it’s rewritten clearer some caa will not be so forthcoming…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I guess there is some discussion going on inside EASA right now – hopefully!

Last Edited by europaxs at 07 Mar 08:10
EDLE

ORS4 No.1271: Use of National Permit to Fly Aircraft for Flight Instruction and Self-Fly Hire

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thanks Maoraigh.

I did a google on it and here it is

Amazing what the CAA pulls out of a hat at the last minute

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Pardon, probably my english needs a refresh, but I have a couple of question concerning ORS4 No.1271:
- what “self-fly hire” means?
- what about the second thread title question “Annex 2 hours to no longer count towards EASA licenses” . It seems that ORS4 covers only the training on Annex2, isn’t it?

Antonio
LSZA - LILV, Italy

SFH is renting, usually from a club/school.

It could well be that ORS4 doesn’t deal with the Annex 2 hour admissibility. I don’t get time to read everything That itself is crazy because someone flying say an RV would need to rent a certified plane for the required 12hrs every 2 years!

Administrator

Latest IAOPA mailshot suggests that the issue in the title of this thread has now gone away. @mh do please note that this was real.

I wonder how the required “CAA assessment of the aircraft” will be structured………..

Administrator

Peter wrote:

please note that this was real.

Maybe, but this is strange. This was sorted out in 2013 (in Norwegian).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Had a quick look at the recently published Basic Regulation that will enter into force soon. I am glad to see that is specifically mentions that flight training can be done in other than “EASA type” aircraft. This mean that few CAAs can argue against the use of it in basic flight training. Here is the text:

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message