Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

I’ve never run into a public WiFi that blocks ports 587 and 993 (587 is for authenticated outgoing mail, 993 is imaps).

Andreas IOM

Yeah but you are young. Us old codgers send on port 25 and receive on port 110

Actually I have definitely come across blocking of the whole lot, except 80 and 443, plus blocks on video streaming, etc, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The funny thing about the new GAR is that the interactive process doesn’t ask for the place you are flying to, or from.

Even the .xls template they provide, dating from 2015, is like that

GAR_Template_with_logos_v_6_3_Jan_2015_LJ_pdf

I looked at some past templates and even in 2014 they were not asking for the destination airport.

So I wonder how they verify the 4hr v. 12hr v. 24hr GAR notice period? Obviously they can see flight plans but it would be obvious to ask for that piece of info to verify the flight plan…

Administrator
The funny thing about the new GAR is that the interactive process doesn’t ask for the place you are flying to, or from.

Huh? How do you read “ICAO OR IATA CODE OF ARRIVAL PORT” and “ICAO OR IATA CODE OF DEPARTURE PORT” if not that?

Where does egka go?

(sitting in the cafe under Mr Macron’s house)

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Where does egka go?

Arrival port.

EGTK Oxford

So, for EGKA-EGJB GAR, would it look like this

No matter how I look at this, it looks like the new (well, any after about 2014) GAT is for one flight only, whereas the previous form covered both legs. And the new online GAR submission facility is the same. So you have to do it twice, for a trip which needs two GARs.

Is that correct?

The above looks stupid because the departure is before arrival (obviously) yet it appears second on the list of airports.

The old form does both legs in one go

Administrator

Peter wrote:

So, for EGKA-EGJB GAR, would it look like this

Yep.

EGTK Oxford

OK, let me see if I can keep this to a one-liner too… 2 GARs needed, yes?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

OK, let me see if I can keep this to a one-liner too… 2 GARs needed, yes?

It looks that way. I use Online GAR where you do it on one page.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message