Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK Military AIP

I don’t know if people know or need it but the UK Military AIP is open source and online these days

https://www.aidu.mod.uk/aip/

Now retired from forums best wishes

Interesting!

However, I went to the AD (aerodromes) tab and it is empty.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is potentially a problem with Northolt, which is being removed from the Civil AIP, so people may turn up expecting it to be in Jeppesen, as it was the month before, and being disappointed. It’s great that you can get it from AIDU online, but you do need to know to download it before you go.

EGKB Biggin Hill

AD tab works for me

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

However, I went to the AD (aerodromes) tab and it is empty.

My adblocker was also preventing it from showing….

EHLE, Netherlands

How did the MOD manage to produce a website which is blacklisted for adblock?

Administrator

Northolt EGWU is in Jepp data but you need the Military Supplement.

Administrator

Which you didn’t until recently, that’s my point.

All military airfields are in the military supplement, but Northolt was a special case because it was in the Civil AIP, so also appeared without the supplement.

My concern is that some operators who use no other military airfields except Northolt, and accordingly don’t have the supplement, will not realise that it has disappeared until too late.

EGKB Biggin Hill

You wrote " so people may turn up expecting it to be in Jeppesen". It was there all along, if you had the right coverage.

Administrator

Timothy wrote:

Timothy 29-May-19 06:25 08

Which you didn’t until recently, that’s my point.

All military airfields are in the military supplement, but Northolt was a special case because it was in the Civil AIP, so also appeared without the supplement.

My concern is that some operators who use no other military airfields except Northolt, and accordingly don’t have the supplement, will not realise that it has disappeared until too late.

It`s been moved for at least 6 years as it was moved when I was at Jeppesen so I had to deal with the unhappy customers when the change was made.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message