Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Under the hood for the RNAV

You need something like 1k subs and 4k hours of watch time before you can monetise videos. Even then you only get about $1 per 1000 views as a general guide.

EIMH, Ireland

I see nothing wrong with advertising his YT channel. You cannot make any money out of YT as an aviator, the people interested in the subject are very few. First of all you need 1000 subs to even be illegible for their money-making scheme and even then you will not be able to earn anything significant. Let the guy share his experiences.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

You cannot make any money out of YT as an aviator

There’s a few out there that have 50k-250k subs… and some of the content is good as well.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

There’s a few out there that have 50k-250k subs… and some of the content is good as well.

I agree, but those put a little more money into editing and they’re targeted towards the average Joe, usually with travel blogs and stuff like this. The average Joe doesn’t have much interest in approach details and listening to radio calls.

ESME, ESMS

Let the guy share his experiences.

Absolutely, isn’t this what EuroGA is about? I guess I’m just allergic to “marketing” type of speech. No offense intended and the videos themselves are interesting

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Assume half UK pilots watching your channel daily and 50% engaged, then you can get 600£ a month enough for a decent flying otherwise it will not give much unless you find a heavy sponsor (bose, jepps…) and a bunch of free volonteers like the flightchops guys

https://influencermarketinghub.com/youtube-money-calculator/

Tbh, nothing wong with advetising another aviator YT channel here, it helps GA, but for the money I will personally go for 1min funny cats videos or 3h with the kardashians to get rich on YT…

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Nov 09:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

MedEwok wrote:

I guess I’m just allergic to “marketing” type of speech.

That’s my gripe too.
I think if one is going to “take” 20 minutes of other people’s times, there should be a bit more context of what they expect to see on the video and what is interesting (so that people only go if they think there’s actually something that interests them), possibly with a bit more self analysis on the initial post. I normally find postings with video informative when the video acts as a support for the thread, not as the main focus.

I think found the “catchy” line (in line of You won’t believe how these 9 shocking clickbaits work!) a bit irritating, mostly as there seems to be a pattern of 1-new-topic-per-video (sometimes of the same flight), with usually very litlte text other than a title and a catchline and a bold text asking to go to the channel and subscribe (given the impression of advertising, even if the intent is not necessarily there).

I think you’re a couple clicks away from pewdiepie, so relax..

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

First of all I don’t make any money from YouTube and this forum is about sharing our experiences and educating myself. That’s the only reason I started posting these videos. If I ever did make the £600 a month quoted. I’d re-invest back into flying.

I agree with getting some experience in real IFR conditions, it will be waiting for the right day and the right flight for that. We’ve had some low icing levels lately.
All flights I have posted lately are leading up to the IMCR renewal. I’ll be working on getting the CB-IR in the future, so all the feedback helps.

Regarding carrying an instructor, I was quite lucky to have him in the right hand seat. I value the experience of thousands of hours. I guess people have opinions, but I think some comments are bit too far here and a little unnecessary. If I am getting the best out of my flying then there’s no issues.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 30 Nov 11:40
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I stopped using YT years ago, when google bought it and killed my login. Also you get mostly really idiotic comments – I think YT comments attract the lowest form of intelligence on the internet Vimeo is a lot better quality.

But I agree that a bit more description (or perhaps thread context) is desirable, especially for a 30 minute video.

Bottom line: EuroGA is a moderated forum so personal attacks, trolls, etc, will be deleted, which is more than you get almost anywhere else on the internet – especially re aviation forums

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message