Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Urgent question for PA46 Jetprop pilots

If PA46T is the correct type, then I’d file that and if they send you a charge, refuse it because you’re less than 2T. If they want the proof, then provide it. Maybe a hassle, but after the fact/flight when you have perhaps more time to handle the extra paperwork.

LSZK, Switzerland

When I check my aircraft profile on RR this is how it looks. The model seems right, or at least it encompasses the range of PA46 types. But the Type is wrong. But the strange thing is that the system doesnt allow me to make any changes. Any ideas?

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I think what you listed as model is M600 Malibu, yours is Jetprop DLX, right? And then then the type must be P46T, as per ICAO type designator here

ICAO Type Designator local copy

EGTR

Yep, I assume your right. I have emailed RR to make the change as the system doesnt allow me to for some reason!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

But the strange thing is that the system doesnt allow me to make any changes. Any ideas?

Set up your aircraft on EurpFPL with P46T as the type, copy and paste the FP from RR to EuroFPL and file it, thats what I do.

chflyer wrote:

If PA46T is the correct type, then I’d file that and if they send you a charge, refuse it because you’re less than 2T. If they want the proof, then provide it. Maybe a hassle, but after the fact/flight when you have perhaps more time to handle the extra paperwork.

Eurocontrol send out to all operators a Fleet Declaration which you have to submit with a/c details including MTOW

Sounds like a simple yet annoying bug with your flight planning service not differentiating correctly between the sub 2T and more than 2T P46T models.

I just created a Jetprop DLX profile on Foreflight and it validates on this route at FL260 no issues.
Happy to file it for you (Need Tail Number, Email, Phone Number) and forward you the FPL.

always learning
LO__, Austria
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message