Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Venice Lido LIPV

Well after 40 mins of chasing down all sorts of phone numbers and being on hold and constantly being transfered. I got nowhere calling LIPU.

Its amazing that they put into the AIP passenger arrival info. for the administration number. I can google that. What I cant google is whether they no longer have an instrument approach. Can anyone help out with a working number for pilots?

KHTO, LHTL

Italy and Spain are often like that. They often don’t reply to English comms. If you email, use google translate. If you phone you need a local language speaker. I have had many many cases of the phone slammed down as soon as they heard English – Italy, Spain, France.

I tried to fly to San Nicolo once and got no replies to anything. The phone was not answered either. So I bypassed it. A few days later another pilot from the same place (Wangen-Lachen) flew there, found the place deserted, so he departed before the police could arrive

From current Jepp data, LIPU has an approach:

Check your email.

From Jepp text pages (often crap info):

F-3 is 100LL, BTW

From Navbox Pro:

Padova is a nice airport and an easy train to Venice itself. However they once caused me massive hassle, very arrogant behaviour which really showed the worst of Europe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@AdamFrisch When you and your sucker Plane (just fun) arrive at Lido I will show up to meet you both!

@Flyer210 what Information you need from Padova? IFR or not you can do a cloud break and swing over :-)

EDAZ

Well thank Peter for clarifying whats available at LIPU.

Cheshunt what type of plane do you fly? A 210? Just to get an idea of size and therefore if the charges would be comparable.

What is the landing fee? Is there any handling required? Parking fees? Passenger fees. I will have EU citizens as well as Americans on board. In the interest of European hegemony I will check for Migrant stowaways that are going back the other way. Germany is colder than Italy.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

massive hassle,

That is a great trip log. I bet you could make that into a movie and put it on the travel channel. I’ll volunteer as your camera man.

KHTO, LHTL

Landing and parking fees are not bad http://www.eddh.de/info/landeinfo-ergebnis.php
and no handling fees at all.
But maybe things changed, how knows?
Btw a Cessna 210N

EDAZ

That day was the most stressful day in my 15 years of flying. I will never forget it. Shafted at Padova and shafted at Treviso. Totally, in-your-face, screw-you. Before that, shafted by a totally useless person at the Homebriefing “help desk”. I blew my £50 phone allowance calling him. Before that, shafted by Eurocontrol’s “validation” system. I learnt a lot of lessons then about future flying…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cheshunt wrote:

Btw a Cessna 210N

Another very smart person on this site.

Thanks for that site it helps to piece things together. I read that the FBO went bankrupt that was in May 2015
Any more recent info?

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

Peter 21-Oct-15 12:20 #17
That day was the most stressful day in my 15 years of flying. I will never forget it. Shafted at Padova and shafted at Treviso. Totally, in-your-face, screw-you. Before that, shafted by a totally useless person at the Homebriefing “help desk”. I blew my £50 phone allowance calling him. Before that, shafted by Eurocontrol’s “validation” system. I learnt a lot of lessons then about future flying…

I feel for you, sh*t can happen awfully fast when stuff like that piles up; its a real safety factor. I think peoples actions should have consequences. So a good lawyer or even better a Mafia house call should be in order.

KHTO, LHTL

boscomantico alias Philipp is the best connected Pilot for italy, when he don’t konw more maybe nobody else do so. He only say check notams for opening hours. http://www.fliegen-in-italien.de

EDAZ
Sign in to add your message