Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR Balaton and south Slovakia

I had been asked to participate as a safety pilot to my friend´s first ever international flight. As he was handling that pretty well (as expected) I had plenty of time to look around and take pictures.
Trnava – Boleráz airfield (LZRT)

Králová pri Senci (LZKS)

Passing Hungarian Border – Danube river. Both Bratislava and Budapest info were providing a professional service.

Final at Heviz- Balaton airport. no TWR, just Info. But professional service, he did even confirm out outbound flight plan had arrived .

parking on empty apron, just few other aircraft parked on the northern end, obviously somebody staying for few days. 26 EUR for landing.

no ZOO fee collected as part of landing fees but he/she get attention even from airport personnel.

Airborn again, tower on the left, obviously ex-military accommodation on the right.

please note trees on the top of buildings

Balatonkeresztúr airfield (5-10 min walk to shore line)

“pond” crossing completed,

Town of Komarno at the Danube river

Final at Nove Zamky (LZNZ) – no traffic, nobody at radio, no landing fees but no issue at all.

Surany Kopec (LZSY) – if you can afford two expensive hobbies….yes, it´s golf course.

Piestany (LZPP). Aircraft museum on the left

back home, final 03C

Last Edited by Michal at 10 May 20:27
LKKU, LKTB

Great trip! Thanks for sharing. Good to see something from Central Europe sometimes.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

That’s an amazing strip, next to that huge housing estate

That fox is probably one of the old communists

I was in CZ 1957-69 but never visited Slovakia. I was going to stop at Kosice once, on the way back from Odessa which had no avgas, having filled up beforehand at Constanta, but now all those options are gone for one reason or another.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for the report. Loved the photos!

Heviz! I was there for a few days many years ago, when a friend of my was seconded to Budapest for a few months.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

LHSM (Heviz/Sarmellek) is an excellent airport for IFR training BTW. Was there 2 weeks ago – no approach fees, just one landing fee for half a dozen approaches.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

We went to Balaton West many years ago and we were met by Customs officers dressed all in black with guns at the ready.They were OK, they just looked a bit intimidating.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Custom officer was in front of building in a friendly chat with immigration officer, no guns at all. They didn’t paid any attention to us.

LKKU, LKTB
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message