Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR to Ibiza LEIB in Jan/Feb - am I mad?

Noe wrote:

The ILS 25R at Toussus LFPN takes you through LFP25 which is prohibited.

Strictly speaking it does not because the floor of LF-P25 is 3800 feet and the procedure altitude is 3000 feet.

It is funny because I did not even know of LF-P25. As far as I can remember it is not depicted on any of the IFR procedure charts. I have flown through the P-area many times during departures from LFPT to PTV which generally takes you (radar vectors) south to intercept and follow the POY R305 inbound to POY at 5000 feet, or during approach to LFPN ILS25R arriving from the West outbound on TSU R072 to about 11 NM (at 5000 feet?) and then right turn to intercept LLZ.

Incidentally I once received an erroneous clearance from ATC that instructed me to turn left to intercept the LLZ for 25R. And that would have taken me very close, if not into, LF-P23. I was puzzled but complied because I thought there was a good reason for it, and it was very busy on the frequency. When they saw me turn left they very quickly corrected the instruction. ATC are very careful to avoid that any aircraft enters LF-P23.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

Strictly speaking it does not because the floor of LF-P25 is 3800 feet and the procedure altitude is 3000 feet.

No, as I posted in #33 from the AIP, LF-P25 goes from SFC to 3800 ft, so the procedure takes you right through it at 3000 ft.

Another thought crossed my mind regarding this P area: If you did a practice ILS 25R at LFPT (as VFR requesting to fly the procedure), then you would be in breach of the P area, because the exception requires you to be IFR and to have received an ATC clearance. If you are VFR and got a clearance, you’d be illegal. I wonder how many instructors in LFPT have a pending 50.000 € fine and didn’t even know about it.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 13 Oct 09:31

Rwy20 wrote:

No, as I posted in #33 from the AIP, LF-P25 goes from SFC to 3800 ft, so the procedure takes you right through it at 3000 ft.

Another thought crossed my mind regarding this P area: If you did a practice ILS 25R at LFPT (as VFR requesting to fly the procedure), then

OK. Sorry. I misread it.

However, you will not be able to do any practice approaches VFR on ILS25R because that would either take you into Villacoublay CTR, into LF-R275 (forbidden for VFR) or into Paris TMA (Class A)

LFPT, LFPN
43 Posts
Sign in to add your message