Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Blocking/Suppressing Users

Ok, David. Seems your impression differ from mine. I prefer to listen to my users and not to teach them.

Not quite sure what makes you think I’m not listening. I’m listening very careful and engaging you with a conversation about it. Out of all the active users, you’re the only one who has brought this up so far. If it was a common request then I’d take a different view.

I miss the delete account button too so may I ask you to delete my account?

Am happy to delete your account if that’s what you really want. Seems like a bit of an overreaction though. Surely robust discussion, i.e. not “blanket agreement” is what a good discussion forum is about?

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

No overreaction, David. Just wanted a simple filter and did not want a public discussion about whom I want to filter, ok?

And yes, delete my account.

Last Edited by Muelli at 25 Jan 14:52
EDXQ

C’mon, stay! :-)

And yes, delete my account.

Am happy to delete it if that’s your wish.

Leaving because you disagree with my saying that I don’t think the suggestion, whilst gratefully received, is a good fit for EuroGA makes about as much sense as if I were to choose to delete your account for suggesting it. Each to their own though and I wish you well.

Administrator

Surely Peter was quick enough to split off my FD question from the Mooney thread! Quite the right thing to do, too.

Like David, I have some difficulty to see the need for this function on this forum.

But it is just a difficult to swallow someone wanting to leave here – muelli, please don’t take things all too seriously! This is only where we spend our idle moments between the important activities, flying for one. And, from time to time, some can learn something from some.

Last Edited by at 25 Jan 16:14
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Seems that Euro GA has had its 1st public spat.
Why couldn’t that have been done by PM?
(I had written my true thoughts on the matter but that would only fan the flames.)

Forever learning
EGTB

Not the first, alas, and undoubtedly won’t be the last, but I think the overall ratio is pretty good around here.

Feel free to PM or email any thoughts. Thanks.

Administrator

I don’t feel the need to PM the following:
I am sure I am not alone in not wanting to witness, here or anywhere else, people washing their dirty laundry in public.
If you’re unhappy about something, please spare us the anguish and deal with it privately like gentlemen by using the PM function.
Thanks.

Forever learning
EGTB

I too have not seen any other requests for such a feature. Somebody wanting it needs to remember that it could be used by others to block them too

We have a high quality of contributions on EuroGA. I can certainly think of other forums which are ~95% drivel and where there are posters who never write anything worth reading, and this was an age-old issue in Usenet (which is why all the good Usenet client programs – e.g. Agent – had killfile facilities etc) – but it is not an issue here and I can’t see it becoming one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Would add my support to the climate on the site – some very interesting threads, eg Iran – Mooney thread a bit unusual showing we all have some tribal instincts, and now only 29 posts to 500, but still some interesting comments showing there is a healthy range of views.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message