Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Enhancements 7/5/2015

It used to be the case that images uploaded to EuroGA were limited horizontally to 925 pixels when served to the browser (which is correct – the forum width) but were also limited vertically to 925. This was fine for landscape images (the majority) but if somebody posted a portrait image, it would end up being too narrow horizontally, because the 925px vertical dimension would be controlling. Now you can do this:

The vertical limit is 1645 pixels, which corresponds to a portrait image from a camera set to 16:9.

There used to be a limit of 50 files that could be drag/dropped in one operation. Now it is 100

But remember the order of the files in a multi-file drag/drop is platform dependent and may not be what is displayed in the source app (e.g. windows explorer). What actually controls this is a mystery, and it’s possible that some source apps do deliver the expected order every time even if windows explorer does not.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can also now move posts

• to the end of an existing thread, in any section, or
  • to the start of a newly created thread in any section

However I can’t do this with my phone so need to be in front of a proper computer

Administrator

Or use a proper phone?

LFPT, LFPN

A bit of info on the order in which multi file uploads end up:

A drag/drop from Windows Explorer is not likely to maintain file order. But a drag/drop from e.g. ACDSEE does; the files end up uploaded in the order displayed in the program. That order can, in turn, be whatever you choose in that program e.g. date, size, EXIF date, etc.

A free version of ACDSEE 5 appeared on a UK magazine front cover CD about 10 years ago and it works on every PC I have tried, from winNT to win7. In some functions it is much faster than ACDSEE PRO v7 which I also have and which is definitely not free. But v5 does not really have any editing functions, whereas v7 tries to “be a Lightroom” and kind of gets there.

While you can upload images up to 20MB in size (and the server will downsize them to 925 pixels for everyone browsing) I recommend downsizing images to say 920 pixels for a multi file upload. The reason appears to be an overall timeout limit on the entire transfer. I can upload a total of 15MB on an 800kbit/sec uplink but not on a standard UK ADSL 448kbit/sec uplink. It appears there is an overall time limit of ~300 seconds.

Administrator
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message