Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideas about a collection of links and information

During the years I’ve gathered different web sites and articles about flying, planning, weather, etc. Recently I’ve been much more active on EuroGA and already have a fast growing collection of discussions including links and tips about different topics.

I usually keep all these pieces of information as bookmarks in my browser but this method has the disadvantage that it doesn’t support tags. Thus a link to a library of documents cannot be e.g. “France”, “AIP”, “Chart”, etc. at the same time but has to be kept in only one of those groups (bookmark folders).

I now want to organize the information and make it publicly available so that all of us in GA can profit from it. What I am wondering is what format to choose. I am thinking mainly about the following options:

• Wiki: Good that it supports search and tags automatically, probably even users and allows easy editing. Not perfect for links because they would be “pages” of only a single link (maybe with a short description). Also it wouldn’t be easy to show all the information connected with a topic (e.g. everything concerning France) on a single page – a search would show all pages but one has to click on each page to see the details, even if it is just a page with a link on it.
  • Custom solution: can be tailored but requires much more effort and thus will be much slower to become available. This is practically a deal breaker.

What would you like to see and use? Any suggestions about other possible solutions?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Weather, Notams, AIPs, Tips, fuel, handling, good hotels and good destination tips

Very good idea. May be an open source project

EDWF, Germany

The project is now started under http://pilot.uraster.com/. If someone wants to contribute (either by writing on an own topic or by implementing one of those I’ve planned) drop me a PM and I will give you editor access to the site.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message