Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Playing with the 360Fly camera

Lately while flying to Lyon-Bron, Saint-Tropez and Courchevel I have been playing with the 360Fly camera. In the below 360 degree video I fly initially from Maastricht (EHBK) to Lyon-Bron (LFLY) to visit that night the opera in the Lyon Operahouse (it was MacBeth). The next day we flew to Courchevel for some days of skiing. I had one camera underneath the aircraft and one inside and the audio track was separate. The flight goes inbound Moutier (Whisky-point) to join via overhead (Lima-point) to inspect the runway environment before joining base at 7000 feet and to go for landing. Hope you enjoy it. Not all browsers support 360 video. I know that Google Chrome supports it, so if you don’t see it as 360 video, open this video in YouTube in Chrome.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 20 Feb 12:48
EDLE, Netherlands

Nice video Aeroplus.

How do you connect the camera to your plane? Is it with a mould or a strap? I always find it difficult to find a good spot inside the cockpit for a nice view without interrupting/disturbing my copilot. :)

Also funny to recognize the sounds dutch accent in the beginning of the video.

I see now you fly in different airplanes in LFLJ – but you did your initial training on your cirrus I think. Do you find big differences between the different types there or is it just ‘all the same’ after you get the initial rating?

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Vieke: I did my initial training in a Cessna 172s Skyhawk. Then I wanted to take the Piper Archer 2 that I co-owned and that was in a group 2 months later to fly to Courchevel. And I only had my pilot license for 3 months. That was 5 years ago. After that I flew many, many times to Courchevel in the Cirrus SR22T, then just now I flew in with a Seneca 2 for the first time. That is why that instructor sits next to me in the second half of the video. I don’t technically have to have him there, but I just want to make sure, so I hire him to sit next to me the first time. I hope that makes sense.

The camera: actually I had two of them but … lost one of them above the Alps :-)
The one inside is stuck with a suction cup and hanging upside down glued to the front right hand side window, just right next to the compass. The other was stuck the the aircraft below the plane with a suction cup as well. I lost that one on one of the flights over the Alps.

Are there differences between the planes flying to Courchevel? Yes and no. The Piper Archer and Cessna 172s were easier than the Cirrus SR22T. The Seneca 2 sits in between.

EDLE, Netherlands

Amazing ! Shows well with Google Chrome.
Succion cups work fine at sea level but when climbing differential pressure falls down until they depart…

Jean
EBST, Belgium

As for Courchevel I wrote a blogpost with all the relevant information on how to obtain a site-license or the mountain-rating, where to eat and sleep and with whom to do the training at Courchevel. You can find the blogpost here: http://www.aeroplus.nl/courchevel-altiport

EDLE, Netherlands
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message